DVD-Ranger posts pre-release of CinEx – with quality improvements

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: DVD-Ranger posts pre-release of CinEx – with quality improvements[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2013/09/myce-cinex-logo-95x75.png[/newsimage]
[quote][/quote]
Read the full article here: http://www.myce.com/news/dvd-ranger-posts-pre-release-of-cinex-with-quality-improvements-68672/

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Lets see what J.Lo sounds like with CinEx latest version applied:

http://www.putlocker.com/file/9E5437718F4B50EB

J.Lo take it away.

:slight_smile:

Tested with the new version, still sounds crap and AC3 still comes out as just high pitched frequency noise

DVD-Ranger is still claiming a “true removal of the Cinavia watermark”. At best this is a misleading claim, at worst its a deliberate falsehood. Obliterating the audio which contains the watermark could be construed as “removing the watermark”. You can make the same claim simply by removing the audio track completely and watching a silent film. What DVD-Ranger is doing with the audio is only slightly better than the latter approach. Caveat emptor.

To all members of this board:
Is it really the goal of this forum to diss people who are working really hard on a Cinavia remoing solution? In fact we have approved to remove Cinavia. In fact we have released two versions and the second is much better than the first one. And everyone who will compare the two version will confirm this. In fact we have released a white paper that is used by many computer magazines as source for infformation.
Is this all wrong?
The first DVD copy software copied a DVD to poor quality VCD. Then is as SVCD and then it was a DVD Shrink. Alls this were improvements. Think about this and be fair to people who fight against Cinavia for the public.

[QUOTE=DVDranger;2698850]To all members of this board:
Is it really the goal of this forum to diss people who are working really hard on a Cinavia remoing solution? In fact we have approved to remove Cinavia. In fact we have released two versions and the second is much better than the first one. And everyone who will compare the two version will confirm this. In fact we have released a white paper that is used by many computer magazines as source for infformation.
Is this all wrong?
The first DVD copy software copied a DVD to poor quality VCD. Then is as SVCD and then it was a DVD Shrink. Alls this were improvements. Think about this and be fair to people who fight against Cinavia for the public.[/QUOTE]

Posted by DVDRanger
Think about this and be fair to people who fight against Cinavia for the public.
If you did it for the public, you would do it under the GPL and make it freeware. I would not buy that module until the sound I heard was exactly like the sound from the disc. So you do it for profit not for the public.:frowning:

DVDranger, DVD shrink worked great and still does on a lot of DVDs. And it was always free.

At the day, where DVDFab and AnyDVD becomes GPL we will follow. A very easy step. One software I developed in teh past, the base of DVD-Ranger we have finaly published under GPL on Sourceforge. Check out BDneXtCOPY

It do not make sense to add CinEx to GPL so all this companies like DVDFab will steal the code. I think we have the right to get our ROI finaly.

BTW: DVDShrink was free, sure. But was DSShrink able to copy a Across DVD? No, you were forced to use AnyDVD. Is AnyDVD free? No. Where is the newest version of DVDShrink. Yes, it is now a commercial product, called Nero Recode.

DVDranger why not be the first to give your product away for free? Why play follow the leader like you always have?

[QUOTE=DVDranger;2698850]The first DVD copy software copied a DVD to poor quality VCD. Then is as SVCD and then it was a DVD Shrink.[/QUOTE]
The usage (and limitations) of those standards had nothing to do with the lack of complete protection removal,
but only with the prices of DVD burners at that time.

[QUOTE=DVDranger;2698864]…was DVDShrink able to copy a Across DVD? No, you were forced to use AnyDVD.[/QUOTE]Most probably due to the fact that the DVD Shrink author hadn’t the technical know-how to travel 3 years forward in time.

btw. remember RipIt4Me or DVDFab HD Decrypter ?
Don’t get me wrong; i don’t say Cinex should be free, but it should be market-ready before charging for it.

Terramex. I think that CinEx is more than market ready. A solution is market ready until it is apporved. CinEx is apporved by MyCE, do you remember.
Yes, the quality is not the best, but between the two version we released is a very big step forward. And that is the life cicyle of a software. Become better and better.

However, we have NEVER, AT NO TIME; said that it is a finaly release. We show the people tha current development, without any tricks, and they can decide to buy and save money or to buy not. It is a free decision.
There is no lie. Download, test and decide. Very easy.

~Jethro~
It is really amazing to read this. Hmm, look, the major companies that are complete stuck with Cinavia, still charge dreaming prices for old work.
We, the one who have an invoated solution, have to be the first who give the software away for free. Be honest with yourself and think what you will do in our situation.

Terramex
About DVD_Shrink. In the past years, we developed many proetction killers for our software. Our DVD (Not BD) copy engine do not need AnyDVD, it removes most of all protections without ANyDVD. So we moved forward in time? No we purchased DVDs and updated our code.
THe Developer of DVDShrink decided to make a commercial software at Nero. But did DVDShrink became GPL ever? No. Free, yes. Updated. No. GPL. No.
We:
ShrinkTo5 was released under GPL 2007.
BDneXtCOPY was released under GPL 2013
So, our DVD cracking engine is free available. I think this is big step, cannot see this from others.

@DVDranger
Just saying you can’t blame a 2005 software to not remove structural protections released 2 years later :disagree:

I do not blame the software. Why you think I blame. What I wrote is that “Free” is not always free. Please do not change the words like you want.

You said “But was DVDShrink able to copy a Arccos DVD ? No…”,
and i simply pointed out that this was hardly possible in 2005 :wink:

…and please don’t accuse me of twisting your words just because i have a point.

[QUOTE=DVDranger;2698873]Terramex. I think that CinEx is more than market ready. A solution is market ready until it is apporved. CinEx is apporved by MyCE, do you remember.
Yes, the quality is not the best, but between the two version we released is a very big step forward. And that is the life cicyle of a software. Become better and better.

However, we have NEVER, AT NO TIME; said that it is a finaly release. We show the people tha current development, without any tricks, and they can decide to buy and save money or to buy not. It is a free decision.
There is no lie. Download, test and decide. Very easy.[/QUOTE]
I don’t recall seeing that. My recollection is that [I]discussing CinEx[/I] is approved. And it seems that a lot of that discussion indicates our members don’t feel CinEx is market ready.

So what is market ready? The Audocity solution you have in your forum that do not work? In my eyes, there is nothing you can compare CinEX with and in compare, to the not working Audacity solution, the quality of CinEx is much more better.
And if you do not have anything to compare CinEx with it is amazing that it is not market ready.

Oh…shitstrom arriving. Sorry, I ment Audacity.

Just in case you missed it: the [I]Edit[/I] Button in current vbulletin version is market ready :wink: