DVD-Ranger makes CinEx module open source

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: DVD-Ranger makes CinEx module open source[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2014/03/myce-dvdranger_productbox-95x75.png[/newsimage]

The developers of DVD-Ranger informed us today that they’ve released the source code of CinEx to the open source code hosting website sourceforge.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/dvd-ranger-makes-cinex-module-open-source-70958](http://www.myce.com/news/dvd-ranger-makes-cinex-module-open-source-70958)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

“So far the company is the only one able to remove Cinavia from Blu-ray audio tracks.”

It would be great if that’s what they were actually doing, but its not and never has been.

[QUOTE=DoMiN8ToR;2723573]We’ve just posted the following news: DVD-Ranger makes CinEx module open source[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2014/03/myce-dvdranger_productbox-95x75.png[/newsimage]

Read the full article here: http://www.myce.com/news/dvd-ranger-makes-cinex-module-open-source-70958

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.[/QUOTE]

But without the databases the OpenSource code is worthless, and it take a ton of time to make those databases.:slight_smile:

@CDan, so you have analyzed the code in about some hours and you proof your statement on the code we publish? Really amazing.

So I suggest first, to do not mix any different technologies. With CinEx HD, whatever you think we do with the audio, the result has a high quality and no Cinavia. You cannot wipe out this fact.

@alan
I suggest to read well. This source code is not CinEx HD, it is CinEx. So no touch of the databases :wink:

With all do respect

Cdan

quote:It would be great if that’s what they were actually doing, but its not and never has been.

" You just made a statement of fact" Prove this!!!

By my educated background that statement by your " statement is your interpretation of What fact ? The opensource code for CinEx is now public , there has been a " White Paper " written .

Cdan now you have the Opensource code now let see you put your words behind your facts that you have stated profoundly , you now have the tool , " now get busy and prove your statement

Those of us whom use the software correctly we know it works .

So get busy “grasshopper” you now have your work cut out , hurry hurry !!! BTW the coder has spent several years on the CinEx code , So I would assume we will see you back next year some time .

What a couple of tools.

@ Dvdranger with out your CineX HD removing Ciniavia would be impossible with the excellent quality you have achieved.

I read your blog on your home page it clearly stated the old Cinex open source released whiich I could care less about but I understand why you publised it.:wink:

Thank you.

But you know we have those whom just dont believe facts when given even as Opensource :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=DVDRangerForum;2723638]Thank you.

But you know we have those whom just dont believe facts when given even as Opensource :)[/QUOTE]I am well aware of it and while the rest still have Cinavia in their back ups mine are Cinavia free a great buy for a mere $69.99 the last time I looked on the home page today.

Cinavia is defeated even though some would disagree because it does not to do 7.1 audio big deal.JMO.:smiley:

[QUOTE=ILLP;2723639] mine are Cinavia free[/QUOTE]

Mine too…:iagree:

[QUOTE=ILLP;2723639] a great buy for a mere $69.99 the last time I looked on the home page today.[/QUOTE]

But where is the info about future monthly subscription fees gone?Isn’t this a time limited offer anymore?..:confused:
Also this pricedrop is a bit of a bummer for older customers,as they payed 99$,but I assume that they try to get more widespread now that there’s attention for the CinEx HD module.
You can’t catch bees with vinagar…;)… Lowering prices creates a bigger sales volume…:iagree:

[QUOTE=ILLP;2723639] Cinavia is defeated even though some would disagree because it does not to do 7.1 audio big deal.JMO.:D[/QUOTE]

I have the same opinion as you on this matter…:iagree:

Even at $99.00 and then them dropping the price I don’t feel bad about it it just means more income for the company which the undertaking of defeating Cinavia had to be very expensive I am not sure about the subscriptions I am sure they plan on doing it eventually to be able to keep improving the product and expanding the databases.:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=ILLP;2723645]Even at $99.00 and then them dropping the price I don’t feel bad about it it [/QUOTE]

Can’t say that I’m sick of it either,especially if you own more than 1 computer (and I think most regulars on this forum do :bigsmile:),99$ wasn’t that terrible …:disagree:

[QUOTE=ILLP;2723645]just means more income for the company which the undertaking of defeating Cinavia had to be very expensive [/QUOTE]

Yep,and the revenue streams have to be steady to keep developement goin’…:iagree:

Yep and all of those BluRays to ad to the Database are not cheap either . T attain all the new releases plus old ones I keep getting request for. Plus to pay the coders who set and remove Cinavia for long hours . it is not cheap!

I have a new theory regarding ranger’s solution…after doing some research and analyzing the database, I have come to the conclusion that ranger can break Cinavia but not as you think. The reason he is monopolizing his solution is because he can’t break Cinavia on all the titles. Which would explain why he has resorted to a database. Here’s a little secret that you guys didn’t know…the Cinavia signal has been changed over the years and they were using a cinavia variation one that was weak & one that is robust. In 2013 the cinavia signal has remained weak allowing it to be easily be beaten. To disprove my theory, I want you ranger to break Cinavia on these two titles: Project X extended 2012, and Bad Teacher 2011 unrated.

Interesting Macrovision, obviously the more proof you can provide the better, could you tell us the step you made so you came to your conclusion?

Lowering price at this stage though they have a unique selling point ?
Seems that end-users are de facto much less interested in Cinavia as is widely believed.

[QUOTE=DVDRangerForum;2723676]Yep and all of those BluRays to ad to the Database are not cheap either . To attain all the new releases plus old ones I keep getting request for…[/QUOTE]Haven’t they already attained most of the older ones ?

[QUOTE=DoMiN8ToR;2723683]Interesting Macrovision, obviously the more proof you can provide the better, could you tell us the step you made so you came to your conclusion?[/QUOTE]
I can’t. it would be too technical to elaborate. Don’t think anyone would bother to confirm it. An interesting giveaway is from DVD Ranger’s previous software was cinex 5.2.2.8, which used 3 different levels ranging from level 1 to 3. 3 having better quality. Level 1 used strong filtering. Level 3 used low filtering. The more robust the signal is…the more filtering is required. Ranger has managed to confirm my theory in a way.

With all do respect
Macrovision3500

I guess the next thing we need to see is the proof you identified the Cinavia source code symbol,. thats all you have to do . but here again to disprove why not write that simple document WHITE Paper and Publish the finding to disprove it , It fine to say it but publish it thats the real fact finding results

I must remind you it took them several yrs of hard work to do what they have done now and in 48 hrs you have come up with your results . Gezz The US Gov and MIT or MS would have you snapped up in a minute .

But still I give you props for trying

@Macrovision. Great theory. But why we have Moneyball, Resident Evil, Smurfs , Smurfs 2, HEre Comes the Boom and now American Hustle. This are a part of the databases we have and represent the whole years of Cinavia.
Another issue is, and by the way, if you really know a little bit about Cinavia and not only on the Audacity knobs and sliders, then you will know that the signal becomes over the years easier, more lighter. So you can easier make a new movie Cinavia free than as example Resident Evil.

So we have now published the source code. I suggest to analyze the source code and do not write those theories that show that you cannot read and that you do not have any idea what Cinavia is.

But to make you happy. There are until today some movies where we have problems with. Example: Salt. But it is just a question of time until our algorythm eat this, too.