DVD-Ranger hopes to raise $120,000 to fund CinEx development

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: DVD-Ranger hopes to raise $120,000 to fund CinEx development[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2013/09/myce-cinex-crowdfund-screenshot-95x75.gif[/newsimage]

The developers of DVD-Ranger have started a crowdfunding project to raise money for further development of Cinex, their Cinavia copy protection removal software.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/dvd-ranger-hopes-to-raise-120000-to-fund-cinex-development-68785/](http://www.myce.com/news/dvd-ranger-hopes-to-raise-120000-to-fund-cinex-development-68785/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

When they hit that goal, remind me to buy an extra heavy duty umbrella for all the porcine flyers that day.

I think maybe they should keep their day jobs.

I just want to ask a friendly question, and I do mean without any malice or making fun of.
If this is successful and they raise all this money, Then DVD Ranger will have 120,000 of peoples hard earned money. What happens if Verance or Sony decides to knock on their door with another injunction? Yes they made it work, now they cant use it or sell it. So on one hand success is defeating Cinavia, and 120,000 bucks in hand. In the other hand you have an injuction that says noone can have it. Can someone explain the remifications here? Posted with all due respect.:wink:

[QUOTE=WTexSkeptic;2700144]…an extra heavy duty umbrella…[/QUOTE]
I looked thru some of my equipment catalogs and couldn’t find an entry for this unit… looks like a jim-dandy start, at least…

…but I’d still be a bit wary of those porkers that came in at full speed.

I suspect one of these next models might do well in crash-tests, but then, ‘portability’ might not be sufficient. It wasn’t back in 1939, at least.

Intersting article so now the Giant company that sells there modules to companies like Microsoft and so on does not have the funding to continue the Cinivia project and now we find out that two of them have day Jobs and will quit their day Jobs once they reach the $120,000 to continue development if I read this correctly and then release the code for free to the public afterwards.

Anyone interested in Buying a acre of land on Mars I can help you and raise money for the project to get you there in the meantime.:bigsmile:

I have to say after reading every post about this company I find many conflicting things like how big Ingo forester is and now this…I am confused but I can add and this info adds up to a Big Zero.:iagree:

It is really amazing. We are the first company that has successfull fight against Cinavia, confrimed by a number of diffenrent forums. All the big players, like DVDFab or AnyDVD just blowing warm air. AnyDVD works currently like a virus and the player vendors will change this with every release. And it is just for Windows Player.

However, we, the ones who make success and also make progress, are still the bad guys and everyone is dissing us and our work. Really amazing.

In another thread we were asked to bring the software open source. Now we offer to bring the final version open source, we get dissed again. It is really crazy, on one hand we have to do it open source (Ask AnyDVD or DVDFab about this) and on the other hand people are not happy if we state to make it open soruce.

Slowly I think there is nothing more than grudge and malevolence available. It seems noone is happy that there is a team that make progress in Cinavia removing.

And for all those people who think they know everything better, here is a little calculation of the development costs. This costs (You can calculate your own) until know we have paid from our own pocket.
111 Blu-ray titles USA 2220 USD
111 Blu-ray titles Europe 2220 USD
111 Blu-ray titles ASIOA 2220 USD
5 Testers 3 month 9000 USD
5 * Playstation * TV + Headsets 3000 USD
Blanks: 500 USD
3 Developers 6 Monhts 54000 USD
Rent of Offcie 6 Months 6000 USD
Security Payment Office 5000 USD
Internet, Water, Power 6 Months 1500 USD
Taxes and Social Security 15000 USD
Costs for Software and Consulting 10000 USD
Fees (Funding): 4000 USD

Finaly 114660 USD
Security buffer for unknown costs 5340 USD

So what do you think software development will finaly cost? Do you really think it is always free? And look at the salarys, they are very low for this time, just to cover the costs. I think some poeple life into a dream world.

Anydvd a Virus your dvdranger Cinex would be usless without anydvd because your program can’t decrypt Blu ray movies.

I like this on your Home page made me laugh after I tried a trial and it was no better than your earlier version 5.1.1.4.

[B]“It is done. We have arrived at the Pre-Release 2 of CinEx. We have achieved great improvements in quality due to refined post-processing algorithms: the voices of the actors sound clear and soft and the background music has got more details now.” [/B]

I’m sorry but that statement made on your home page is as you put it warm air.

[QUOTE=DVDranger;2700173] We are the first company that has successfull fight against Cinavia, confrimed by a number of diffenrent forums. [/QUOTE]

ILLP, stay on the road, we are talking about the Cinavia solution of AnyDVD, not the decrypter. And in fact it is acting like a virus.

The version 5.2.1.4 is better. Why you think you can hear it with your ears? Some improvements are technical improvements or imrpovements of different frequencies. Some headsets do not play all the frequencies a BD has.
If we state the background music has more details, take as smaple Moneyball and concentrate on the background music while people are talking. It is much better in this version.
We have always stated that we will move forward step by step. And we release this version so everyone can test it.

However, we have added the AC3 output and so it is a real improvement.

What you do is first class dissing. You are not able to give any progress to the issue or any solution or technical information, but you continue to diss those who are working on it. Unbelievable.

Macrovision, many thanks for this great certificate! :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2700155]
What happens if Verance or Sony decides to knock on their door with another injunction? Can someone explain the remifications here? [/QUOTE]

DVDranger I’m not a moderator or admin here so I don’t have to be as polite as alan1476.

[B]Answer his damn question. It has been asked in several threads now.[/B]

[QUOTE=DVDranger;2700181]Macrovision, many thanks for this great certificate! :)[/QUOTE]
keep up the good work. :cool:

Cholla, once CinEx is open source, who cares about Sony or Verance? If it was first time released open source it is imposisble to stop it.

This is what people wanted here. And now we try to offer Open Source, now it is not ok to offer. Confusing situation.

@ Macrovision3500 , The certificate is sarcasm ?
Correct . Or did I miss something ?
All I’ve read says the audio is still bad when processed with CinEX .
I did read one comment to the contrary but I consider that anecdotal.

Cholla. The Audio is not bad. The Audio is really good. You can understand the music, the background music and you can understand the voices. All people who are honest with themselve will confirm that the CinEx qualiyt is much better than this from many cam cinema recordings that thousands look every week.

And we wrote it again and again. It is a beginning. In July everyone said bad words about us because we have not released CinEx. After we have released the first Beta of CinEx, everyone said bad words about it. Noone say: Congratulations!. I read only bad words about us, our software and our work. The second version was definitly MUCH better, and again bad words. Then we added AC3 to make Blu-ray copies, again bad words.

I think that noone have really tested the quality himself. Sure it has noise, sure it has pre-echo in voices, sure it has peaks but in hell, it is a BETA!

[QUOTE=DVDranger;2700180]ILLP, stay on the road, we are talking about the Cinavia solution of AnyDVD, not the decrypter. And in fact it is acting like a virus.

The version 5.2.1.4 is better. Why you think you can hear it with your ears? Some improvements are technical improvements or imrpovements of different frequencies. Some headsets do not play all the frequencies a BD has.
If we state the background music has more details, take as smaple Moneyball and concentrate on the background music while people are talking. It is much better in this version.
We have always stated that we will move forward step by step. And we release this version so everyone can test it.

However, we have added the AC3 output and so it is a real improvement.

What you do is first class dissing. You are not able to give any progress to the issue or any solution or technical information, but you continue to diss those who are working on it. Unbelievable.[/QUOTE] Version 5.2.1.4 is not avaliable to download I will make you a deal once you release the new version to the public if it is better than the current version I will donate $100.00 for the project.

You see, this is again something that is needless. Just a short reminder, that I misstype the version number, but you prefer to make a joke out of it. [grudge and malevolence]

ILLP, why do you think that there will be soon a new version available? Look, every version we will release will bring new bad words an dissing. We go tired about this.
We will do now a new version without any new Beta release, without shareing our progress to the public. We will release this work until we got reception and not more dissing.