DVD-Ranger: “DVDFab has started one of the biggest criminal content distribution ever seen”

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: DVD-Ranger: “DVDFab has started one of the biggest criminal content distribution ever seen”[newsimage]http://www.myce.com/wp-content/images_posts/2016/04/myce-dvd-ranger-statement-fb-95x75.jpg[/newsimage]

DVD-Ranger has stated that DVDFab has “started one of the biggest criminal content distribution ever seen”. The statement was made in a post about DVDFab’s Cinavia removal solution on the DVD-Ranger Facebook page.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/dvd-ranger-dvdfab-started-one-biggest-criminal-content-distribution-ever-seen-79083/](http://www.myce.com/news/dvd-ranger-dvdfab-started-one-biggest-criminal-content-distribution-ever-seen-79083/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Clear cut case of pots and kettles here.

:rolleyes:

Why does this site continually provide the clown at DVD-Ranger a platform for spewing his nonsense? There’s such a thing as free speech, but that doesn’t mean you have to give EVERY moron a public platform.

TBH,I don’t mind how it’s done…the more solutions which defeat that pest,the merrier ! :iagree:
If I own the original disc,and if I wanna make a backup,or convert it to another playable ,I should have that right as long as that’s for personal use…and whatever solution fits or works,is fine by me…

Another attention-seeking press release from everyone’s favorite yapping Chihuahua? Guess you don’t need to worry about losing credibility when you no longer have any.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2771729]Clear cut case of pots and kettles here.

:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
:iagree::iagree:

Legally, it is irrelevant whether or not the software is free or paid for.

If either package is downloading alternative audio from another source (full or partial) without permission or a local fair use exemption, then they are clearly breaking copyright law.

But morally…

[QUOTE=roadworker;2771735]TBH,I don’t mind how it’s done…the more solutions which defeat that pest,the merrier ! :iagree:
If I own the original disc,and if I wanna make a backup,or convert it to another playable ,I should have that right as long as that’s for personal use…and whatever solution fits or works,is fine by me…[/QUOTE]
…If purchased copyrighted material instead adopted a basic software license model - ‘You have purchased the right to use one copy of this software…’ - then you would be absolutely fine. :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=roadworker;2771735]TBH,I don’t mind how it’s done…the more solutions which defeat that pest,the merrier ! :iagree:
If I own the original disc,and if I wanna make a backup,or convert it to another playable ,I should have that right as long as that’s for personal use…and whatever solution fits or works,is fine by me…[/QUOTE]

Pretty much sums up my feelings on this subject…

I wonder what DVD Ranger is going to say about the next Cinavia Solution. Â I am always wondering why if as DVD-Ranger say they can identify and remove the Cinavia watermark particles, it only works on certain languages. The do what they say, they remove the Cinavia, but only in English, and only in certain streams, why not just rid the whole movie and all the audio stream if they can detect the Cinavia watermark and remove it. Sounds like sour grapes to me.

The most important thing is being able to back up your discs that have “Cinavia” whether that be “DVDRANGER” or the blue monkey’s , as long as one can get reasonable quality sound uninterrupted most people wont care.

I for one am staying out of this I have seen what happens in the past and it is not a pretty sight.

I use both programs Dvdranger is by far my go to program because they are very quick to get the new release out but I have tried the Blue monkey and like it as well as stated By RW I could care less how it is done as long as it works.:bigsmile:

Pointless accusations with no proof provided whatsoever. Though why only english, well usually it’s only the english track that has cinavia :wink:

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2771729]Clear cut case of pots and kettles here.

:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]Thanks for the Laugh Kerry…:clap::bigsmile:

[QUOTE=Ch3vr0n;2771757]Pointless accusations with no proof provided whatsoever. Though why only english, well usually it’s only the english track that has cinavia ;)[/QUOTE]
Interesting. That opens up a whole new area for defeating Cinavia…

I wonder how long will it be before these people get a visit from the MPAA heavy mob. :p:bigsmile:

[QUOTE=Ch3vr0n;2771757]Pointless accusations with no proof provided whatsoever. Though why only english, well usually it’s only the english track that has cinavia ;)[/QUOTE]There are many new ones that have the Cinavia in other than english popping up more frequently lately in different regions so it is no longer just affecting english only which is going to make it realy difficult for the companies that have fixes for Cinavia.:smiley:

[QUOTE=CDan;2771731]Why does this site continually provide the clown at DVD-Ranger a platform for spewing his nonsense? There’s such a thing as free speech, but that doesn’t mean you have to give EVERY moron a public platform.[/QUOTE]

DVD Ranger did not post this on MYCE. It was posted on DVDRanger Facebook Page

So here we go again, Who really started the war HERE at MYCE.

MARTY

Can this really be called one of the “biggest criminal content distribution ever seen”?

When it comes to distributing other peoples intellectual property without permission, DVDFab can’t possibly compete with the big boys.

For example, Microsoft sold tens (if not hundreds) of millions of copies of MS-DOS 6.0 & 6.2 in 1993-4, every one of which illegally used Stac’s compression algorithm. :iagree::stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=CDan;2771731]Why does this site continually provide the clown at DVD-Ranger a platform for spewing his nonsense? There’s such a thing as free speech, but that doesn’t mean you have to give EVERY moron a public platform.[/QUOTE]With all due respect If Dvdfab is doing that then it would fall under downloading music which is copyright, as well I would hope that the Staff here would use dvdfab and find out if there is any truth to it.

If Dvdfab is distrbuting the whole movie sound track users may want to think twice before using this as there program to remove Cinavia.

I have used Dvdfab and on average it downloads a gig or more before it can even process the Bluray with Cinavia…Now Dvdrangers Databases are about 100mbs in comparision hardly big enough to replace the whole sound track of a bluray movie.

I am in hopes that myce will get to the bottom of this allegation By Dvdranger.

Regards,

ILLP:D

I doubt that the multimedia companies judge those programs in a different way…:bigsmile:
The crippled Cinavia audio is gone,either by using Ranger’s,FengTao’s or RedFox’ programs,and THAT’S their worst nightmare,not how it’s done…:bigsmile:

[QUOTE=CDan;2771731]Why does this site continually provide the clown at DVD-Ranger a platform for spewing his nonsense? There’s such a thing as free speech, but that doesn’t mean you have to give EVERY moron a public platform.[/QUOTE]

pardon me as I leap alllll the way away from my normal stance of being respectful and quiet:

I think this story was posted maybe as a bit of a laugh, because it’s quite ridiculous at this point. I don’t think the average person really cares how the program works, but folks love to get a good laugh at the foolishness going on in the background.

At least that’s how I feel. That said, I’m not laughing like “haha, that’s funny”; I’m laughing more like “ohh…this is unfortunate. he just can’t stop and I can’t avert my eyes”. I’m certainly not expecting anyone to take this situation seriously.

I do wish he would stop the nonsense. I feel like it’s a lot of wasted energy.

(I’ll be reverting to my normal ways now.)

[QUOTE=Albert;2771768]pardon me as I leap alllll the way away from my normal stance of being respectful and quiet:

I think this story was posted maybe as a bit of a laugh, because it’s quite ridiculous at this point. I don’t think the average person really cares how the program works, but folks love to get a good laugh at the foolishness going on in the background.

At least that’s how I feel. That said, I’m not laughing like “haha, that’s funny”; I’m laughing more like “ohh…this is unfortunate. he just can’t stop and I can’t avert my eyes”. I’m certainly not expecting anyone to take this situation seriously.

I do wish he would stop the nonsense. I feel like it’s a lot of wasted energy.

(I’ll be reverting to my normal ways now.)[/QUOTE]Very well put.:slight_smile: