DVD-Ranger developers respond to Audacity claims, show new tool

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: DVD-Ranger developers respond to Audacity claims, show new tool[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2013/09/myce-cinex-logo-95x75.png[/newsimage]

In a blog post the DVD-Ranger developers respond to comments that claim Audacity works as good as their software. They’ve also sent us a screenshot of a developer tool they’re using and plan to release.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/dvd-ranger-developers-respond-to-audacity-claims-show-new-tool-68678/](http://www.myce.com/news/dvd-ranger-developers-respond-to-audacity-claims-show-new-tool-68678/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Oy vey. Correct me if I’m wrong but did they say “play 4-5 times” translation: watch the movie from beginning to end 5 times? (8 Hours of the same movie) Sounds desperate.
I understand what they have done here. When it comes down to it…cinavia removal engine for error code 3
archives the cinavia signal.
Everytime it detects cinavia it stores it to memory. Now the setting that I provided a while back were designed to
to withstand triggering the message for 3-4 hours. At least your able to see the movie without errors 'til movie finishes.
the cinavia engine will archive any valid cinavia signal until 20 minutes are reached. The settings are designed to mask it for long time.
To reset the cinavia engine simply restart the PS3 or change the clock to one year ahead. P.S. I don’t support this method anymore
since it its not good enough. Here’s the new method that I recommend: "get a program named: AVS Video Editor…drag and drop video to its interface then select the video
and drag to timeline…go to “audio” you will see “audio effects settings"
click pinch shift make sure to check mark it…and enter rate: 115
keep in mind the (default rate is 100.) however enter 115 and click “OK” then click produce…
you will have very enjoyable quality unlike before.”

Macrovision3500
You wrote you are very confirm with Cinavia and its removing with Audacity. But you disqualified yourself.
Read our thread: We exract 6 Minutes of the original Movie. This we play 5 times to get the magic 20 Minutes border. We always test with those short chunks to avoid to make everytime a complete movie and watching it. To copy and encode a full movie needs too much time. So the 6 minute chunks are perfect to debug Cinavia.

In all everyone is welcome to test themself with the best available debugger, the PS3. Make a video from a Cinavia protected movie and try yourself. Alternative you can download the movie we post in our forum. This movie was done exact to the settings of Macrovision3500.

To avoid any crazy answers, 5 times 6 minutes are 30 minutes and not 20, but we play a 6 Minute movie chunk up to 16 times to make sure there is no Cinavia. Sometimes we got results that after 11 times we got a Cinavia message. With the Audacity solution the Cinavia comes after 20 Minutes. We played it longer to see how long / often the Cinavia message pops up.

I see. Regardless, I do wanna give you guys kudos for the work thats was put into it. I know cinavia removal isn’t just walk just
a walk in the park. Most people are expecting high standards in quality specially if they are paying for it, which is why
you see criticism. Most people don’t seem to realize how difficult it would be to accomplish that.
It’s safe to say the people at verance did their homework. On a side note, I do believe the first version of CinEx should
have never been released. This is something, someone would expect from alpha not beta. Which also lead to uncalled for bashing on CinEx
other peoples end. Best Regards.

I think most people have to take care. If I see on torrent how many people are downloading bad cam copies of cinema movies, and accept the really bad quality sometimes, then I ask me, why the nag around CinEx.
I see the alpha state were all the audacity solutions in the past that ALL were catched by Verance. But this was just a question of time, because this is just post processing.
CinEx carris the Beta naming well, because it it mauch better in quality than all the Audacity solutions that are available. And the step from Beta to our new version was a big step.

And by the way, we do not sell a full working Cinavia solution. You can read it everywhere on our website that this version is limited in quality and it is not a final release.
So do not forget: We sell the opportunity to save money. And the people do not pay for warm air. They can test and they can read that it is approved by independent people.

DVDranger, I think you are being overly defensive a bit…no doubt your relationship with myce is a very strange one to say the least.

Try not to over-react to criticism…as it sure comes with anyone developing software products.

There really shouldn’t be any competition between a home-brew method of defeating cinavia and a developer, such as yourself who has a product for sale.

Having said that, no doubt you may read comments to the effect that the home-brew is better than yours…but since you are in for the long-haul…to keep making your product better and better, hopefully in time with much effort, you will be able to distance your product as being clearly superior to amateur fixes.

Back to the topic at hand…I see the picture of your CinEx interface.
I have to admit I admire all those sliders…always like to tinker with controls…

If you don’t mind, tell us briefly how all that works…or if you have already have an instruction page somewhere, give us a link.

I have a question for dvdranger for those of us that have a lifetime dvdranger license that paid about $90.00 for your software and are loyal customers why would we have to purchase and spend another $100.00 on top of that to get the new CinEXversion?

I can’t imagine too many are purchasing the new CinEx version that have already bought the lifetime licenses after reading all over the web so many negitave reports which is truly a shame your the only company that is making progress slow but steady and you get treated llike crap all over the web.

Might be a good idea to email your customers with a half way decent discount for the new program upgrade.

Regards,
ILLP

ILLP: We run a very long time a pre-order offer of CinEx. It was just 19.95 USD and we worte many times that te software will become more expensive later. So people who do not used this chance to pre-order do not have to search the flaw at us. And also currently, we offer a lifetime CinEx license for 10 bucks more. After this CinEx will become a subscription and you will pay this a year.
I know we have a very huge delay, but finaly we have shown that we can do it. And the quality grows.

Maybe CinEx will become cheaper in the future after we have reached our ROI for the development of CinEx.

Maybe other companies will lciense CinEx and offer it for a cheaper price. Let see what the future will bing. We have offered CinEx to all major companies.

Steve33, you are really right. We got all this since we got independent from DVDneXtCOPY 2 years ago. Noone believed that we are the developers and that DVD-Ranger is the continued work of DVDneXtCOPY software. However, the people prefered to diss and difame than to support us. So you are right, as a developer you are not more tha the shit at the wall :wink:

However. the panel will change next time. It is currently only for internal use. Finaly we will make a Handbook, but believe me, you will find out that it is very easy to handle. Maybe we will give the panel some custom controls like knobs or other things to make it easier and smaller. But first we have to do our job to finish CinEx in perfect quality.

Just bought it…the 3-pc install and the lifetime license are well worth the cost,IMHO.
Even if the CinEx module doesn’t get to full expectations…

[QUOTE=DVDranger;2699203]ILLP: We run a very long time a pre-order offer of CinEx. It was just 19.95 USD and we worte many times that te software will become more expensive later. So people who do not used this chance to pre-order do not have to search the flaw at us. And also currently, we offer a lifetime CinEx license for 10 bucks more. After this CinEx will become a subscription and you will pay this a year.
I know we have a very huge delay, but finaly we have shown that we can do it. And the quality grows.

Maybe CinEx will become cheaper in the future after we have reached our ROI for the development of CinEx.

Maybe other companies will lciense CinEx and offer it for a cheaper price. Let see what the future will bing. We have offered CinEx to all major companies.[/QUOTE]Well thanks I was unaware of Cinex untill recently I never knew you could buy it for $19.95 I never got an email or anything too bad but Like many others I won’t be upgrading because the cost is to high after already spending $90.00.

I sure wish you had sent out emails to your customers about the upgrade deal you had for the new Cinex module.

Regards,

ILLP

The names have been changed to protect the innocent.
Just like Dragnet. :wink:
Altered it just a little too.

[B]There are several members that would like this answered by DVDranger ,DVDRangerForum , or someone else that represents DVD-Ranger.[/B]

I have to wonder and please if you cant answer please feel free to say, “I can’t answer” .
[B] If Verance or Sony stopped you from doing this with an injunction the first time, how come they are letting you do this now? [/B]
I am sure they are aware of your efforts.
It would be a shame for you to do all this work and then be hit with another injunction from Verance or Sony.

I don’t understand your logic, if you are successful like the last time, they will stop you and if you fail you won’t sell any modules, so what is your motivation here?

I’m still waiting for someone to use an “O” instead of an “A”, by the way. It will only be fair.

(Ah yes, a real inside joke. wink wink, nudge nudge…)

[QUOTE=ChristineBCW;2699355]I’m still waiting for someone to use an “O” instead of an “A”, by the way. It will only be fair.

(Ah yes, a real inside joke. wink wink, nudge nudge…)[/QUOTE]

Would that be Oudocity , cinovio , Veronce or maybe Sany ?

@ Christine , The inside joke didn’t go over my head . I just thought I would put up a smoke screen .Anything else would just be[B] wrong[/B] . :wink: :wink:
Where is the nudging smiley when I need one ?

Where indeed?!!

Great… somehow, I just knew you’d find that right gear!

[I]“Crunch-crunch, skraw-skraw… well, that’s OK - there are so many teeth on those things, we probably don’t need 'em all-!” -Christine’s School Of Manual Shifters[/I]

Lasts November 5th I was one of the few that purchased DVD Ranger for $89.99 AND the Cin module for $19.99, paying with paypal. And I’ve been waiting patiently with no complaints. I even have my Cin key that you sent me. But are you now saying that I will not be receiving DVD-Ranger CinEx? This cannot be. Please advise me and the others that paid Pixbyte nearly a year ago how to get a working key for DVD-Ranger CinEx. It seems exciting and worth the wait. But please don’t tell me that I have been ripped off and need to pay another $99. I want to continue to believe that Pixbyte is an honest company. Thank you.

[QUOTE=Wondertyme;2699581]Lasts November 5th I was one of the few that purchased DVD Ranger for $89.99 AND the Cin module for $19.99, paying with paypal. And I’ve been waiting patiently with no complaints. I even have my Cin key that you sent me. But are you now saying that I will not be receiving DVD-Ranger CinEx? This cannot be. Please advise me and the others that paid Pixbyte nearly a year ago how to get a working key for DVD-Ranger CinEx. It seems exciting and worth the wait. But please don’t tell me that I have been ripped off and need to pay another $99. I want to continue to believe that Pixbyte is an honest company. Thank you.[/QUOTE]Did you try activating the cinex dvdranger with your key?

Yes, I tried both my DVD-Ranger key as well as my CinEx key. Neither worked. But I appreciate the suggestion and will await hearing from the company.