DVD Ranger developer releases open source movie copy software

[QUOTE=ChristineBCW;2688300]He quoteth but can’t comprehend.[/QUOTE]
How use doth breed a habit in man;)

How glad I am that the above old English was just hamming it up, and not ever common tongue.

[QUOTE=debro;2688340]How glad I am that the above old English was just hamming it up, and not ever common tongue.[/QUOTE]
The above is a Shakespearian quote, I doth think it was common at one time in our past.:bigsmile:

Source Code: There is the full source code available on the source forge project page. Actual revision 3

English: I think some people act like a thumbsucker. I give out a free software, I give out the full source of this software but do I get a “Thank you” or a “I Like”? No just people who nagging about my english. I recommend wet toilet paper in such a cramped behavior …

[QUOTE=alan1476;2688405]The above is a Shakespearian quote, I doth think it was common at one time in our past.:bigsmile:[/QUOTE]
I have no doubt that such dramatic shakespearian speakers were flogged by all until their pompousness was reduced to that of a commoner.

DVDRanger

I don’t believe the “English” comments were directed at you, but rather at coolcolors’ response to Christine.

We tend to take a dim view of people making fun of one’s English skills if you are not a native speaker, so really, there were no intentional derogatory remarks directed towards your use of English.

I haven’t tried your software yet. Been a bit busy. But I use BD Rebuilder quite a lot, and look forward to a comparison.

+1 to that.

I haven’t downloaded it yet since I really didn’t know what it was suppose to accomplish.
But I’ll take a look at it soon to see what and how it does.

[QUOTE=ChristineBCW;2688300]He quoteth but can’t comprehend.[/QUOTE]

It only works when the software actually exist and can be tested and also if open source where is the source code? How old claims to be open source yet no link or site as to where the source even exits. So enlighten me would ya where is the source code at?? If you can’t do that then well I guess you know what needs to be said…I like to know where it is then??

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2689303]It only works when the software actually exist and can be tested and also if open source where is the source code? How old claims to be open source yet no link or site as to where the source even exits. So enlighten me would ya where is the source code at?? If you can’t do that then well I guess you know what needs to be said…I like to know where it is then??[/QUOTE]
Is this: http://mynextcopy.com/?page_id=56 the link you seek?

PS: you can use http://mynextcopy.com/ to start reading about it.

Coolcolors
is it really hard to find the source code?

Go to: http://www.bdnextcopy.com/

Click on “Download”

Info on download page:

You can find the source code on our project page at sourceforge.net
Revision: 3
Date: 2013-05-27
The link goes to:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/bdnextcopy/?source=navbar

There you can find the source code. I think it is really easy or is it to tricky for a MyCE Resident? :wink:

Thanks for uploading DVDRanger, I see it became available about a week ago. It’s great to see you here. I’m very curious to hear why you released this code I can imagine you’re upsetting some software companies this way?

Exact. There are some companies who owe me a lot of money and so I decided to bring everything public. I will merge step by step the DVD-Ranger code to BDneXtCOPY and after this I think many companies will lost much money.

Childish? Probably, but it makes me happy.

I understand, to rephrase, so I understand correctly, also (parts of) DVD Ranger will be open source? Would you mind naming the companies or do you feel that shouldn’t be public? Depending on what companies get hurt, it seems to be good news for everyone who wants to make backups of their discs.

Unfortunately this seems to be bad news for you :frowning: Of course we would be happy to publish stories on bad practices in the movie copy industry if we can verify things, if you want to disclose more, I’m here of course :wink:

Had a quick look at the source code.

Positive thing were the comments in German language. Makes it easier to understand for me :wink:

Negative side was that on first view I couldn’t really understand any of the code. I guess in order to become familiar with it, one needs to invest a lot of time to become familiar with everything. But I’m sure there is a good potential for others to step in.

[QUOTE=DVDranger;2689321]Coolcolors
is it really hard to find the source code?

Go to: http://www.bdnextcopy.com/

Click on “Download”

Info on download page:

You can find the source code on our project page at sourceforge.net
Revision: 3
Date: 2013-05-27
The link goes to:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/bdnextcopy/?source=navbar

There you can find the source code. I think it is really easy or is it to tricky for a MyCE Resident? ;-)[/QUOTE]

For one thing before this code isn’t based from yours that you created? So where is the original programming that you did? This was based on another open source code but there is nothing that points back to your original product? Isn’t that what was asked about your previous BD copier program???

Liggy,
please do not understand me wrong, but I hope that you do not understand the code with an ease. Hey, I worked 8 years for this code and if you will understand it with an ease, then I do something really wrong :wink:
However, start with the IOForce, 15000 lines of code, I think you will need some months to understand it well. Maybe later I will add some more comments to the code but I think I will wait until people will ask dedicated questions.
First I want to remove codejock from the code and maybe start to add a QT Ui.

coolcolors,
sorry, I do not understand you. Maybe it is helpfull to give you the always valid hint: RTFM!!!
Everything is written down on the webpage.

[QUOTE=DVDranger;2689336]Liggy,
please do not understand me wrong, but I hope that you do not understand the code with an ease. Hey, I worked 8 years for this code and if you will understand it with an ease, then I do something really wrong :wink:
However, start with the IOForce, 15000 lines of code, I think you will need some months to understand it well. Maybe later I will add some more comments to the code but I think I will wait until people will ask dedicated questions.
First I want to remove codejock from the code and maybe start to add a QT Ui.[/QUOTE]
I believe the only major software that has a QT ui is DVD Fab. It might be a good idea because they are very successful at it. I hope you have the same amount of success. And thank you for the download and letting us try your program. :wink: Qt Designer UI files represent the widget tree of the form in XML format, a very good idea indeed.

alan1476, I do not believe that DVDFab is successfull with it. Sorry, the market for DVD and BD copy is dead. Thats why I start this project.

[QUOTE=DVDranger;2689340]alan1476, I do not believe that DVDFab is successfull with it. Sorry, the market for DVD and BD copy is dead. Thats why I start this project.[/QUOTE]
I agree with you completely. I meant that Fab is successful as they can be with a dying DVD Copy business, I believe that Streaming video is the future, but what do I know, I am only a man with an opinion.:wink: Again I want to thank you for your generosity letting us try your new venture.:wink: