DVD Ranger developer releases open source movie copy software

vbimport

DVD Ranger developer releases open source movie copy software.

[newsimage]http://static.rankone.nl/images_posts/2013/05/cGHEhu.png[/newsimage]The developers of DVD Ranger have released open source movie copy software, according to them based on the code of DVDneXtCOPY

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/dvd-ranger-developer-releases-open-source-movie-copy-software-no-cinavia-support-67196/](http://www.myce.com/news/dvd-ranger-developer-releases-open-source-movie-copy-software-no-cinavia-support-67196/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

It’s a shame that they really didn’t listen to the majority. I got a lot of grey hairs having a forum for them plus sleepless nights putting out their fires created.

[QUOTE=DoMiN8ToR;2688178]DVD Ranger developer releases open source movie copy software.

[newsimage]http://static.rankone.nl/images_posts/2013/05/cGHEhu.png[/newsimage]The developers of DVD Ranger have released open source movie copy software, according to them based on the code of DVDneXtCOPY

Read the full article here: http://www.myce.com/news/dvd-ranger-developer-releases-open-source-movie-copy-software-no-cinavia-support-67196/

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.[/QUOTE]

In other words all they had was “Vaporware”…

According to the company the delay of the release of the software is caused by legal threats from [B]Sony[/B]

Why would Sony have the right to shut them down , when Sony does not own Cinavia, " Verance" does.:(

http://www.verance.com/technology/index.php

[QUOTE=Dr. Who;2688189]It’s a shame that they really didn’t listen to the majority. I got a lot of grey hairs having a forum for them plus sleepless nights putting out their fires created.[/QUOTE]Good riddence to dvbdnextcopy is how I feel.:clap:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2688198]Why would Sony have the right to shut them down , when Sony does not own Cinavia, " Verance" does.:frowning:

http://www.verance.com/technology/index.php[/QUOTE]I have been wondering what dvdranger has been up to looks like another smoke screen to me as far as Cinivia is concerned But I din’t know that for sure only the company does and honestly Cinvia is a joke anyway I rip all BDs to my home server and my WD media player does not give a crap about cinivia.:bigsmile:

[QUOTE=xorsists;2688206]Good riddence to dvdnextcopy is how I feel.:clap:[/QUOTE]
Now now, lets be nice , we do support that software here. I happen to like it.:wink:

Hmm… there is already a compiled version on SourceForge, so they’re probably not going to charge any money. The real question is whether the source code will be released. If so, that’d be awesome!

Update: I’ve just finished running the installer. I noticed the all-familiar GNU GPL, so that’s a good sign!

[QUOTE=alan1476;2688210]Now now, lets be nice , we do support that software here. I happen to like it.;)[/QUOTE]You know exactly why I am glad to see it released for free@ one time it was a great software but they can’t even update for new titles with lack of customer support after the China based company bought out Dvdnextcopy inc.

Xilisoft. meetoo software.:eek:

Plainly put that is MHO.:smiley:

I am not familiar with this product so would like to ask an honest question.
Does this do anything different than a half dozen other freeware packages do?

It may but one has to play with it to see. By the title and what it does it seems the same as BD Rebuilder but not 100%.

[QUOTE=Steve33;2688232]I am not familiar with this product so would like to ask an honest question.
Does this do anything different than a half dozen other freeware packages do?[/QUOTE]here is the link to what it will do I have run the program today and it is stable and free does mobile conversions /dvd backup and more if you have Anydvd for Blu-ray.

http://mynextcopy.com/?page_id=56

I guess someone should support them on their wording here. I don’t think this entry actually describes what they wanted to express.

BDneXtCOPY is free and opensource. Anyone can use BDneXtCOPY free without paying a fee.
Please note that this does not apply to developers

I also sometimes develop software and according to their wording I would not even be allowed to use their software.

I guess what they should have said was that it’s not allowed to use their source code in your own source code if it is not under GPL. At least that’s what the GPL states (more or less).

Still curious to see the actual code.

Did someone already try it and willing to share experiences?

Liggy, I just hope the offer isn’t limited to a visit at a certain burger joint north-of-Houston.

[QUOTE=Liggy;2688256]I guess someone should support them on their wording here. I don’t think this entry actually describes what they wanted to express.

I also sometimes develop software and according to their wording I would not even be allowed to use their software.

I guess what they should have said was that it’s not allowed to use their source code in your own source code if it is not under GPL. At least that’s what the GPL states (more or less).

Still curious to see the actual code.[/QUOTE]

Good point as open source means it is open to all even modify to do other things, but if one is to make money off of it they’d have to pay a small royalty fee if I am right?

DrWho, I’d assume I’d pay a royalty especially if my end-result product was a pay-for product.

But if I was doing further open-source or freebie products, maybe the no-royalty deal would be made “as long as end-product is free.”

ImgBurn is included as links into several packages, as are codecs galore, and I assume all of these agreements-to-use are royalty-free as long as the end products are.

Back in 2003 or so, when Nero 5 and 6 were being sold, they included a free-to-use LAME MP3 converter to burn MP3 files directly into .CDA formats on audio-CDs.

But somewhere between Nero 6.613 and 6.615, LAME insisted on getting payments “or else”. Nero wouldn’t pay a per-license fee, so LAME insisted NERO issue a program update (Nero 6.615) that stripped the LAME MP3 services out. “You can add this with a $14.95 purchase thru us, your friends at Nero…”

I’ve always wanted to know, uh, so how much of THAT was LAME getting? All $14.95? Or was Nero doing a “shipping & handling” fee for that?

[QUOTE=ChristineBCW;2688265]DrWho, I’d assume I’d pay a royalty especially if my end-result product was a pay-for product.

But if I was doing further open-source or freebie products, maybe the no-royalty deal would be made “as long as end-product is free.”

ImgBurn is included as links into several packages, as are codecs galore, and I assume all of these agreements-to-use are royalty-free as long as the end products are.

Back in 2003 or so, when Nero 5 and 6 were being sold, they included a free-to-use LAME MP3 converter to burn MP3 files directly into .CDA formats on audio-CDs.

But somewhere between Nero 6.613 and 6.615, LAME insisted on getting payments “or else”. Nero wouldn’t pay a per-license fee, so LAME insisted NERO issue a program update (Nero 6.615) that stripped the LAME MP3 services out. “You can add this with a $14.95 purchase thru us, your friends at Nero…”

I’ve always wanted to know, uh, so how much of THAT was LAME getting? All $14.95? Or was Nero doing a “shipping & handling” fee for that?[/QUOTE]

This assumes you had issues with Nero and is best directed to their customer support for any grievances you have with them and not try to ask something that someone has no company insides to answer your questions.

[QUOTE=DoMiN8ToR;2688178]The developers of DVD Ranger have released open source movie copy software, according to them based on the code of DVDneXtCOPY[/QUOTE]

This is the crux of the problem what ever happened to their so called program they had developed and now they are basing a new program based off of DVDneXtCopy? I have to take a pause and say others might say but they didn’t even have a software that could do as said it could do or had one to really produce for sale in the market to begin with and then to use another based on another code makes this more VaporWare then something we can give them credit for creating.

He quoteth but can’t comprehend.