DVD-Ranger CineX HD under fire – quest for the truth

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: DVD-Ranger CineX HD under fire – quest for the truth[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2014/03/myce-dvdranger_productbox-95x75.png[/newsimage]

DVD-Ranger CineX HD appears to be a working solution against the Cinavia Blu-ray copy protection, however the software has become a controversial subject on Myce

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/dvd-ranger-cinex-hd-under-fire-quest-for-the-truth-70681](http://www.myce.com/news/dvd-ranger-cinex-hd-under-fire-quest-for-the-truth-70681)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Here’s some “truth”:

1. The DVD-Ranger folks have done nothing in the past to encourage trust or credibility in the people they are trying to sell their ware to. This questionable behavior continues.
  2. Despite their claims, they have not “beaten” Cinavia or found a way to remove the watermark, they are simply obliterating it and making it unreadable while degrading the audio in the process.
  3. The only true result from “beating” Cinavia will be a TrueHD or DTS-MA audio track with no audible degradation and no triggering of the Cinavia detection. Lower quality or even “DVD-quality” is not a solution.

[QUOTE=CDan;2721464]Here’s some “truth”:

1. The DVD-Ranger folks have done nothing in the past to encourage trust or credibility in the people they are trying to sell their ware to. This questionable behavior continues.
  2. Despite their claims, they have not “beaten” Cinavia or found a way to remove the watermark, they are simply obliterating it and making it unreadable while degrading the audio in the process.
  3. The only true result from “beating” Cinavia will be a TrueHD or DTS-MA audio track with no audible degradation and no triggering of the Cinavia detection. Lower quality or even “DVD-quality” is not a solution.[/QUOTE]

:iagree::clap:

@CDan…and you comment shows again that noone has really facts here. Just warm air,
1.) It is impossibe to restore a Master HD track from a Master HD track because there are too much Cinavia parts in the audio. So if you spend some time to read information about Cinavia you will understand this.
2.) There is not ONE TrueHD Cinavia track available. Go and buy all Blu-ray with Cinavia and look for a TrueHD track. God luck. On the ones we have there is just Master HD. It is a difference between DTS and AC3!

In all, this kind of comments shows the quality. On one hand everyone knows what we do but on the other hand you do not know the BASIC information about Cinavia.

TO DVD Ranger so what is it your saying - that we are allowed to download copyright protected material from your website databases in which you do not own or have permission to distribute for profit - legally. I DON’T THINK SO

[QUOTE=gibyadahof;2721482]TO DVD Ranger so what is it your saying - that we are allowed to download copyright protected material from your website databases in which you do not own or have permission to distribute for profit - legally. I DON’T THINK SO[/QUOTE]

that is the best comment in the movie copy software forum I ever read,:bow::bow:

You seem smart but still have no idea what “FAIR USE” is. Your database has nothing to do with “FAIR USE.” “Here’s your sign”

So, you do not know how the software work. You do not know what is inside the database. Just speculation. And do not come with “Fair Use” this is toilet paper, nothing more.
Also you forgot that DVDFab and AnyDVD, both products also load from a online database, sure this is smaller, but they remove a copy protection with the help of a database. So this is fair use, but remove the watermark from the decrypted audio is not “Fair Use”? Do you really think before you write? You are new here and you just write nonsens. Learn how copy protection work, how other software work, how the whole topic work and how watermark work. Then you can come back.

@DVDRanger: It would be nice if, rather than criticize everyone who criticizes you, you could perhaps provide a small sample of your source code, so that anyone who gets suspicious can see for his/her self that these allegations are false (or so I would hope).

Of course, I do realize this might be a pretty huge request, since doing so would mean giving your trade secrets to the public. But, if it puts everyone’s suspicions to rest, perhaps sharing a small sample would be beneficial.

[QUOTE=DVDranger;2721490]So, you do not know how the software work. You do not know what is inside the database. Just speculation. And do not come with “Fair Use” this is toilet paper, nothing more.
Also you forgot that DVDFab and AnyDVD, both products also load from a online database, sure this is smaller, but they remove a copy protection with the help of a database. So this is fair use, but remove the watermark from the decrypted audio is not “Fair Use”? Do you really think before you write? You are new here and you just write nonsens. Learn how copy protection work, how other software work, how the whole topic work and how watermark work. Then you can come back.[/QUOTE]
Well I know something you don’t and that is how to take care of my reputation, my good paying customers, and making new customers. Your total lack of professionalism is here on display for everyone to see. You see my bet is that 99.99% of all the members here would love to see Cinavia broken for good either by you or somebody else. These COULD BE good paying prospective customers whom you choose to bash and insult because they have figured out what your trying to pull. If you are legitimate you should act with confidence, and quite frankly I think your losing it. Remember you lose customers each time you are exposed without you being able to back up the process with concrete proof that it works for EVERYONE!!!

Lol … let see the next comments.

[QUOTE=DVDranger;2721508]Lol … let see the next comments.[/QUOTE]

Oh…great here we go again…This is the reason why you loose confidence from anyone that had confidence in your software to start with. Those kinda comments doesn’t exudes confidence in the software capabilities.

@gibyadahof
No you cannot get points with the technology comments, so you switch to reputation topic. For what reason? We do not have any reputation here, Since the first days, since our first solution everybody wrote that we are scammers. There are different threads.

Now, at this point, everybody knows our software better than us. As I wrote, learn what Cinavia is, then look at our solution and you will recognize how it works. All the nonsens here are no proofs. What proof? “Hey there is a audio inside”

1.) The audio that DVD-Ranger generate with the reference inside the database has a poor quality.
2.) Everybody who has experience with Cinavia knows that you cannot mix parts together because Cinavia is in the whole bands.
3.) Try to put a DVD audio into a BD video. Try to make it Sync.

As I wrote all the time, the database contains a first pass. What is a first pass? It can be a control set, it can be a virtual fiunction, it can be a reference. What is a reference? A reference is a part where a complex algorythm will restore audio.

Sure, the function will work also on silence, because it has a reference. This is the sense to reduce the processing time and increase the success rate and reduce the errors.

So what I want, is to get a technical proof, that the poor audio they found can be reencoded to 5.1 Multichannel audio without Cinavia. Why noone brings this proof? Yes, it is not possible.

So all this people will publish their nonsens further. But until they do not start to learn Cinavia and audio processing they will run against walls. It is the same as people think they can beat Cinavia with Audacity in HD quality.

So give proofs…give technical facts.

I have to second DVD-Ranger in this, lots of things can be said, but technical facts should prevail.

[QUOTE=DoMiN8ToR;2721530]I have to second DVD-Ranger in this, lots of things can be said, but technical facts should prevail.[/QUOTE]

Calling something a technical fact does not make it so. If it was that simple there wouldn’t be any arguments. When someone has a history of misrepresenting the facts, the burden of proof is on them.

Its pretty obvious that DVD-Ranger is not being held to the same standards of behavior on this forum as everyone else. Anyone else behaving that way would have been banned long ago. (or should have been)

[QUOTE=DoMiN8ToR;2721530]I have to second DVD-Ranger in this, lots of things can be said, but technical facts should prevail.[/QUOTE]

I agree technical facts should be PART of the equation. So when do you expect DVD Ranger to submit screenshots of the process (which was asked for by this article.) I’m the one who needs proof if he wants me to buy this!!

[QUOTE=CDan;2721537]Calling something a technical fact does not make it so. If it was that simple there wouldn’t be any arguments. When someone has a history of misrepresenting the facts, the burden of proof is on them.

Its pretty obvious that DVD-Ranger is not being held to the same standards of behavior on this forum as everyone else. Anyone else behaving that way would have been banned long ago. (or should have been)[/QUOTE]

I think his presence here is very relevant to the discussion. I fully understand everyone is skeptical and there is a history, but IF it is a breakthrough then DVD-Ranger deserves credit. IF it’s not a breakthrough then we should find out and judge them based on (technical) facts, not on assumptions.

I am not defending DVD-Ranger, I have no interest in whoever is right or wrong, I want to know the truth about all this. And the largest chance the truth can be found is with tests as fortunately some people are doing.

So far, the software appears to be working sufficient for a large group of people who are satisfied with the sound quality and the fact the soundtrack doesn’t contain Cinavia.

However the question remains, did they find a way to actually remove Cinavia, or is it a trick? A trick is still sufficient for many people who can’t copy what they did, but likely not for more advanced users.

[QUOTE=gibyadahof;2721539]I agree technical facts should be PART of the equation. So when do you expect DVD Ranger to submit screenshots of the process (which was asked for by this article.) I’m the one who needs proof if he wants me to buy this!![/QUOTE]

I’m afraid we’ll never see that :frowning: I can understand you need proof before you buy, so let’s hope with more tests we’ll know more. No matter what the outcome is, either positive or negative for DVD-Ranger…

[QUOTE=DoMiN8ToR;2721542]A trick is still sufficient for many people who can’t copy what they did, but likely not for more advanced users.[/QUOTE]

A trick is sufficient for me,and probably for a lot of “average” users.
If Dvd-Ranger expands his database,and gets most of the Cinavia movies covered,and if that’s the closest thing we get to make a working backup,I can live with that.
If it’s a real defeat,even better…:bigsmile:
Although I can understand that “advanced” users go for no less than the real defeat…:iagree:
But for the movie companies who say,if you want a backup,buy a 2nd copy…those we can give the finger now…:bigsmile:

In what world do you live anyway? A person is innocent unless the guilt was proved. We have not to bring any proof of our innocence. We have to show nothing, no source, no screenshots.
You, only You, have to provide proof of your allegations and speculation. But the fact is, you can not.
And to say that all technical details have to be part of a release, sorry, this shows again the quality of comments. What company publish their secrets?Really amazing.