DVD-Ranger CinEx 5.2.2.4 Now with CinEx profiles

vbimport

I am quoting verbatim:

Changes in DVD-Ranger 5.2.2.4:

● New! – Updated CinEx API.
● New! – Better CinEx quality.
● New! – Added Levels to CinEx. (See Level table)
● New! – Updated help file with CinEx guides

Try it.

Just a quick tip: click on the latest download regardless that it seems like it’s old
version “5.2.1.2” its really “5.2.2.4.”

Haven’t tried it yet but I will update you in a while. I purchased it so
you will hear alot of cinavia removal J. Lo’s. :clap:

Even if I haven’t had any DVD with Cinavia & I’m not working with BD I’m still following what you are doing.
Keep up the good work.

Thank you Macrovision3500 it will be nice to see what progress the company has made.:slight_smile:

Here’s what it sounds like:

http://www.putlocker.com/file/BAB1C98CA0E5D6B1

This is on CinEx Level 3.

J.Lo take it away please. :cool:

Still sounds pretty bad to me as well as out of sync

perhaps being thick but i dont understand this sentence

‘The developers post on their website that the project was closed, ”because users have reported this as critical in case of the liability for the support of copying software”’

someone able to explain please?

as for the result attained so far, it’s still pretty rough but it’s getting there and that is the most important thing!

Looks like I will have to try his software(trial).
Wonder why there are different levels?
I see Level 1 through Level 3.
Also, the older movies use “Level 1” while the newer movies are using “Level 3”.
If there is a sync problem, he will need to make adjustments to fix that.
Or is that a perceived sync problem from reverb/echos?

There are at least 11 dvd movie titles with cinavia.

[QUOTE=Macrovision3500;2703442]Here’s what it sounds like:

http://www.putlocker.com/file/BAB1C98CA0E5D6B1

This is on CinEx Level 3.

J.Lo take it away please. :cool:[/QUOTE]I have to say it still sounds pretty bad but I also think that more titles need to be tried to really see what improvements have been made at the tier 3 level the one I have tested is at the tier 1 level so to give the company a fair shake I really need to buy a few titles to test @ tier 3.

DVD ranger should allow MP3 formats to be converted since some video conversions crash the program.

The program is obviously still in a beta state so lets give them kudos for trying and hope it improves. I find it fascinating that they are making progress, even if its slowly.:wink:

For the most part, Cinavia is clearly a Ghost DRM technology pretty wild.
Do ghosts exists? :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=Macrovision3500;2703570]DVD ranger should allow MP3 formats to be converted since some video conversions crash the program.[/QUOTE]

What I would suggest is a “Passthrough” enable so to allow the audio or video to passthrough untouched.

I did do a 24 minute conversion, using “Level 3” last night.
I didn’t see any sign of sync problems, could be the music video…well you know they do weird things in music videos.

First of all, I am glad that at least DVDRanger is working to defeat cinavia.
Also, I am sure it took a lot of work to get this version out.

Wonder if he could explain the different Levels?

[QUOTE=Macrovision3500;2703629]For the most part, Cinavia is clearly a Ghost DRM technology pretty wild.
Do ghosts exists? :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

I have a theory as to how it works…now I have to see if I can provide enough evidence for the theory…

[QUOTE=Steve33;2703633]
Wonder if he could explain the different Levels?
[/QUOTE]
Each level adds stronger distortions. Level: 1, being the strongest, level : 3 being the lowest.
Was kind of unaware the newer titles had a lower Cinavia signal.

[QUOTE=]
I have a theory as to how it works…now I have to see if I can provide enough evidence for the theory…
[/QUOTE]
Unless you happened to reverse engineer a Cinavia infected player, you don’t need any evidence; your guess is as good as any.

@ Macrovision3500 , I’m not a JLo fan at least not her singing.
It seems the last one was some better.
What I would like to hear is some actual movie dialog.
I understand why that might not be possible because of copyright.
Same for Steve33 .

@cholla, you are quite correct…it is better to hear dialog…voices.
Then there is the problem…any attempt to mask cinavia will have to use reverb…and a good bit of it…thus if the dialog already has a degree of reverb, the sound really is much worse.

You can download the DVDRanger and then (trial mode) take a dvd movie and run it through with the cinavia engaged.
As we discussed already, there doesn’t appear a way to get audio only…thus my thought about allowing passthrough for the video.

Actually, I can’t recommend or not recommend dvdranger for the cinavia module.
I know I can myself at this point, make my own mask and it be just as good as dvdrangers.
Yet my model is homebrew and there is no way I would know if it would work on all movies so I can see if someone wants to go the route of needing a way to get around cinavia, then perhaps DVDRanger is a way to do that.

Yet, as discussed many times before, there are better ways to deal with cinavia—
which is use hardware or software that doesn’t support cinavia.

But still, I will continue to fool around with this to see if any improvement in sound can be achieved even though I have no special abilities in this areas.

Despite all the negative things that have happened in the past with the owner /author they are working hard and I have to aplogise to them for some of my negitave comments in the past because of thier lack of marketing skills and the english laugauge and spelling errors I think we all need to set back forget about the past and give Dvdranger a fair shot and test these titles to see where they are at and to beta test like we would any other program maybe they could extend trials to help us help them which would be a wise move to help them out we can’t all afford a 99.99 to help beta test… I am willing to help and buya few of the titles listed as tier 2 and 3 but I can’t afford $100.00 to help them as they only give a 7 day trial for a beta if they changed this than they would have more help than they could possibly process and gain people that will buy the software down the road.:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Steve33;2703680]Then there is the problem…any attempt to mask cinavia will have to use reverb…and a good bit of it…thus if the dialog already has a degree of reverb, the sound really is much worse.[/QUOTE]
I’m under the impression that Cinavia also use some kind of reverb for their protection. If we only knew when exactly how much reverb would have to be applied to the audio stream, one would “only” have to apply the same reverb with a 180° phase shift.

[QUOTE=Steve33;2703680]Yet, as discussed many times before, there are better ways to deal with cinavia—
which is use hardware or software that doesn’t support cinavia.[/QUOTE]
Remember how many protections were broken in the past. Many of those were really complicated I guess. I don’t want to believe that Cinavia is impossible to hack without such a significant decrease in audio quality. It must work somehow and be it just for the proof that it can be done.

[QUOTE=ILLP;2703709]I think we all need to set back forget about the past and give Dvdranger a fair shot and test these titles to see where they are at and to beta test like we would any other program[/QUOTE]
:bow:

No, it is not reverb that is used in cinavia but according to one poster there is a phase shift going at ~ 7khz and above.
Yet it is much more than that (even if that’s true) since a handheld video cam. will pick up the protection from a distance.
Since that is true and has long been confirmed, cinavia is well within the hearing range probably based on psychoacoustics…which means it is embedded and without carefully trying to find, is almost impossible to hear.
According to cinavia official source information, it uses broad spectrum dispersion techniques.
However, if my suspicions are correct, it is much simpler than all that.

So far using the usual means of masking it involves reverb and EQ attenuation (mostly limiting the higher frequencies).

The reason reverb (even though it is the method mostly used) is not exactly ideal way of dealing with masking it is due to the fact that it is very difficult to control which frequency ranges are affected.
Higer levels of reverb returns of the lower mid-range and low frequencies produces unpleasant results.
Then if those are limited too much, it produces a thin tinny sound that is just as displeasing.
It is a balancing act that can’t be controlled, at least using common editing programs.

If my theory is correct, it would be impossible to remove cinavia without doing serious damage to the audio–so much so that no one would want to listen to it.
It’s kind of like an egg that has been scrambled…impossible to make it a raw egg again.

The only means left would be for a programmer that knew exactly what to look for and produce that program that could “hunt” all cinavia signals and add to them so that the detection method wouldn’t be able to recognize the information needed to determine cinavia’s presence.

If my memory serves me correct, the company that created cinavia had about 10 years(actually started in 1999) to work on the method…possibly a form of it was used for the not so popular dvd-audio format? Not sure about that but probably something similar.

The masking techniques using reverb amounts to “thickening” the audio stream…slurring it to the extent in order to not allow the cinavia detection from locking on to the embedded signal.
This form of masking will always cause loss of definition to the original audio.
It takes a goodly amount of reverb ms. to allow for the masking.
If one wonders why the sound isn’t that good from the results of reverb, etc, realize that the sound has to be “screwed-up” that “badly” in order for cinavia not to be detected.
Cinavia is an incredible drm…personally I think the embedding process degrades the audio…and if DVDRanger’s “levels” are correct and the information is too that the newest releases this year use a lower level of cinavia…I would think that is evidence enough.

Steve, Might wanna try LADSPA plugin for Audacity. Cinavia removal requires more then one
filter to be applied. The Cinavia removal video game:
:cool: