DVD-Ranger announces CinEx pre-release 2 – with AC3 output

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: DVD-Ranger announces CinEx pre-release 2 – with AC3 output[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2013/09/myce-cinex-module-screenshot-95x75.jpg[/newsimage]

DVD-Ranger has posted the second Pre-Release of their Cinavia removing solution, CinEx. The company states on their website that the new version brings improvements in audio quality and has added AC3 output.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/dvd-ranger-announces-cinex-pre-release-2-with-ac3-output-68757/](http://www.myce.com/news/dvd-ranger-announces-cinex-pre-release-2-with-ac3-output-68757/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

I wish him well in his endeavors. It must be very hard work to do something that has not been done before, ( except by him of course) , I wish DVd Ranger all the success in the world. :wink:

I have two days on the trial left I hope this is better than the 5.1.1.4 release the audio a little better than the release before.

I tried Resident evil after life and the 5.1.1.4 was better than the earlier release in sound quality but was still pretty bad lots of echos in the sound irratating enough most would not watch it but still an improvement over the previous release.

I will give the latest version a try today as the company seems to be making small improvements with each release.

@ILLP, if possible, please share your results with us. I’m sure lots of our readers are interested! :wink:

I haven’t tried Ranger’s cinavia fix yet but that is what my version depends on (reverb).
If reverb is what he is using, that is not removing the cinavia signal, it is masking the cinavia signal.
Macrovision’s use of AVS Video Converter outputs almost perfect audio albeit everything is a lower pitch…very interesting.

I ran the latest release today and compared with the last version 5.1.1.4 I hate to report I saw no improvement in sound quality still the voices echo in the latest release I followed step by step with their guide and did a mobile backup MP4 HD no better than the last release of 5.1.1.4.

Both test Files were transfered to my WD media player and I watched both test files one from 5.1.1.4 and the lastest release today I found no difference at all in the sound quality if the echoes were not present it would be damn good not 100% quality in sound but it would be okay for many users that don’t have the latest home theater systems they would be very dissapionted.

I personally don’t see this ever being a Viable alternative I hope they prove me wrong though Cinvia sucks.

Dvdranger if you read this please don’t take it as I am bashing you I am only reporting what I have found and I hope to see improvements.

ILLP

I left out one thing the Movie Is Resident Evil Afterlife I am testing it with.

If you are using WD media player…I hope you realize the only need to mask cinavia is either a backup blu-ray disc or using a licensed software media player, such as windvd, powerdvd or TMT…perhaps playstation…don’t know what it restricts other than backup discs.

If you are just testing it, then I understand.

[QUOTE=Steve33;2699549]If you are using WD media player…I hope you realize the only need to mask cinavia is either a backup blu-ray disc or using a licensed software media player, such as windvd, powerdvd or TMT…perhaps playstation…don’t know what it restricts other than backup discs.

If you are just testing it, then I understand.[/QUOTE]Thank you Steve but I am aware of that I only transfered the files to the WD media player so I could watch both files on my 60" TV to compare the two different versions.:smiley:

I have TMT’S latest Version 6 neither one of the two files do I get the Ciniva warning if I run it with out the CnEX checked I get the warning playing the files at the 20 minute mark.

Now heres the latest solution I have provided:
get a program named: AVS Video Editor…drag and drop video to its interface then select the video
and drag to timeline…go to “audio” you will see "audio effects settings"
click pinch shift make sure to check mark it…and enter rate: 115
keep in mind the (default rate is 100.) however enter 115 and click “OK” then click produce…

someone wanted to know what it sounds like:

http://www.putlocker.com/file/8719FDFDB05046B7

Yes, I have tried it, sound quality is very good (comparitively speaking).
It does change the pitch lower…still though… glad you figured that out.
The more we know about what can work, the better audio can get…hopefully.

I am going to try to figure out why it works, have a couple of theories and assorted tests to run to see what the results will be…

Just noticed that audacity has the same adjustments as avs video editor, only for the audio portion…under “Pitch Change” and then change the adjustment to -15% percent change.

I wish I had knew that, would have saved me from having to figure out how to use avs video editor…and it is more limited in its output formats as well.

Also, the 2 or 3 times I used the avs video editor audio pitch change, there is a slight sync problem I noticed…

Thanks for sharing ILLP!

[QUOTE=ILLP;2699548]
I personally don’t see this ever being a Viable alternative I hope they prove me wrong though Cinvia sucks.

[/QUOTE]
If there is an outbreak…I would say yes. Or a person who doesn’t know better.

[QUOTE=Steve33;2699548]
Just noticed that audacity has the same adjustments as avs video editor, only for the audio portion…under “Pitch Change” and then change the adjustment to -15% percent change.
[/QUOTE]

I guess Audacity can do it too. Just giving you the heads up.
As far as sync issues are concerned, haven’t been able to reproduce that using AVS Video Editor.

First, thanks for meeting my wish :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Macrovision3500;2699619]As far as sync issues are concerned, haven’t been able to reproduce that using AVS Video Editor.[/QUOTE]At least in the software Players i’ve tried your upload there are sync issues …or J.Lo is very bad at lip-syncing :wink:

[QUOTE=Macrovision3500;2699554]Now heres the latest solution I have provided:
get a program named: AVS Video Editor…drag and drop video to its interface then select the video
and drag to timeline…go to “audio” you will see "audio effects settings"
click pinch shift make sure to check mark it…and enter rate: 115
keep in mind the (default rate is 100.) however enter 115 and click “OK” then click produce…

someone wanted to know what it sounds like:

http://www.putlocker.com/file/8719FDFDB05046B7

[/QUOTE]

Avoid this link. It installs crap on your computer. :a

Why on earth can’t people link to more trusted downloading services???

[QUOTE=Macrovision3500;2699619]
As far as sync issues are concerned, haven’t been able to reproduce that using AVS Video Editor.[/QUOTE]

How I noticed it was to drop the audio created by avs video editor in the window along with the original into audacity…then playing them together.

The pitch change created by audacity in contrast is perfectly sync-ed to original.

Perhaps it is the version of avs video editor that I have.

Now they are requesting donations. Their sales are poor.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/cinex?c=pledges

Perhaps “sales” and “poor” aren’t the best terms at this point. I am surprised that their loyal customers don’t cover this cost entirely, though, and maybe they will.

Since this is, in effect, an attempt to raise venture-capital (a long-time common practice - even a li’l company called Intel did this), I wonder if donor/investors need to be indemnified against future lawsuits?

In Sep-Oct 2012, DVDRanger claimed their original Cinavia-defeating product development had been stopped due to some vague unnamed, unspecified lawsuit brought on by unnamed parties in some unspecified court system.

DVDRanger said they’d return ‘pre-sales money’ to anyone who asked. Since their forum is private, there’s no way to tell how successful those claimants were back then.

Of late, DVDRanger announced this new CinEx product’s development, but hasn’t addressed its likely success against the same potential for a lawsuit that could halt development again.

So, does a donor now need to show due diligence before donating/investing? Do donor-investors need to be worried about contributing to an effort that would lead to a lawsuit? Do donors-investors need to worry about being dragged thru some nebulus court system for their contributory part of ‘development’?

When simple questions aren’t addressed, then more complicated issues seem to arise.

From the DVD-Ranger site :

Our current version of CinEx do not have a perfect audio quality. But it is confirmed by the popular technology forum http://www.myce.com that we have already successfully removed Cinavia.

When did myce confirm this ?

It may have been confirmed that CinEx removed Cinavia at myce .
I would certainly contest “successfully” being there.
Until the audio is at least close to as good as it can get in a 2 channel format.
I wouldn’t add “successfully” .

[QUOTE=cholla;2700005]From the DVD-Ranger site :

Our current version of CinEx do not have a perfect audio quality. But it is confirmed by the popular technology forum http://www.myce.com that we have already successfully removed Cinavia.

When did myce confirm this ?

It may have been confirmed that CinEx removed Cinavia at myce .
I would certainly contest “successfully” being there.
Until the audio is at least close to as good as it can get in a 2 channel format.
I wouldn’t add “successfully” .[/QUOTE]
I question that we said ‘removed’ too. There’s no evidence that they’ve done anything more than mask it.