DVD-Ranger adds new database – responds to accusations

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: DVD-Ranger adds new database – responds to accusations[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2014/07/myce-dvd-ranger-rant-95x75.gif[/newsimage]

The developers of DVD-Ranger informed us today about the release of a new database and a small blog post on their website meant for those criticizing the software.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/dvd-ranger-adds-new-database-responds-to-accusations-72300](http://www.myce.com/news/dvd-ranger-adds-new-database-responds-to-accusations-72300)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Just as a point of fact…no accusations intended here, but streaming movies do not contain Cinavia. In other words, there are sources of clean audio other than DVD’s.

2nd movie with Cinavia removal option that has both blu-ray and dvd infected versions…keep them comin’,Ranger! :clap:

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2732950]Just as a point of fact…no accusations intended here, but streaming movies do not contain Cinavia. In other words, there are sources of clean audio other than DVD’s.[/QUOTE]

Or maybe they have direct access to the master tapes of the filmproducer??? :bigsmile::wink:

why does an admin from this forum try and keep the rumors going no disrespect meant kerry56 you have posted on about every forum including slysoft where this was posted about lets see if they can do these movies that have cinavia on both Blu-ray and Dvd two have been done what more does anyone want?

I have nothing to do with the company other than I own Dvd-Ranger CinEx HD and love it but really I do get tired of all the rumors that come from here and other forums what has Dvdranger done come up with a way to get rid of Cinavia and by the looks of things many don’t even want to believe it.

I would think it was just about time to respect the only company that can remove cinavia I don’t feel they have anything further to prove just my two cents worth.

Regards,

ILLP:)

[QUOTE=ILLP;2732954]why does an admin from this forum try and keep the rumors going no disrespect meant kerry56 you have posted on about every forum including slysoft where this was posted about [B]lets see if they can do these movies that have cinavia on both Blu-ray and Dvd[/B] two have been done what more does anyone want?
ILLP:)[/QUOTE] (emphasis mine)

Excuse me? Show me [B]one[/B] post where I have said this. I have stated that I have doubts on their process, yes, but I’d like to see one single post where I have said “lets see if they can do these movies that have Cinavia on both Blu-ray and DVD”.

Why do I doubt you can find such a post? Because I already know that there are more sources available without Cinavia than just the DVD’s.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2732956](emphasis mine)

Excuse me? Show me [B]one[/B] post where I have said this. I have stated that I have doubts on their process, yes, but I’d like to see one single post where I have said “lets see if they can do these movies that have Cinavia on both Blu-ray and DVD”.

Why do I doubt you can find such a post? Because I already know that there are more sources available without Cinavia than just the DVD’s.[/QUOTE]let me rephrase this you have not said anything about blu-rays and Dvds with Cinavia correct.
I didn’t mean it that way and you are correct that there are other sources without Cinavia in them but my question is this why is it so important to just keep wondering how they do it mentioning that there are other sources for Cinavia free tracks available just keeps the rumor mill going.

No developer in their right mind would tell anyone how they do it I think we can agree on that.

ILLP

Reread Domi’s article and his closing statement. He concludes that providing a database for a movie that has Cinavia in both the DVD and Blu-ray versions shows that questions about the process have been resolved in some manner. I merely pointed out that this is a false logical conclusion, since clean soundtracks are not just available from DVD’s.

And as I said before, I’m not making accusations here. Just pointing out facts.

I sincerely doubt that DVDRanger is going to share his working process with me. :bigsmile: The very idea is laughable, so resolution of this little storm in a teacup is never going to happen.

The good thing is, everyone can read now that the people who wrote stories, lies and wrong information here, and on many other websites, about us and our software do not have cojones to admit that they were wrong. Everyone can now see that people are simply embarrassing.

Now after we brought the proof, they requested, they spin their new X-files. But we expected this. It is easy to say: Envious people do not have cojones and honor.

@Kerry56
It is really funny. It doesn’t matter what we do, it doesn’t matter what we release you will always spin your X-files.
In the past we have developed the best audio codec in the whole world that can encode a 6 Channel high Quality AC3 to 100MB. And now we have cracked iTunes or/and Amazon instant download.
And why all this, because your lovely AnyDVD or lovely DVDFab cannot crack Cinavia but others can do.

The good thing is, everyone can read now that the people who wrote stories, lies and wrong information here, and on many other websites, about us and our software do not have cojones to admit that they were wrong. Everyone can now see that people are simply embarrassing.

Now after we brought the proof, they requested, they spin their new X-files. But we expected this. It is easy to say: Envious people do not have cojones and honor.

No, the only notable point is the fact that a database for a movie containing Cinavia in both the DVD and Blu-ray [B]means nothing[/B] in regard to resolving questions about the methodology used in CinEX. Never has, never will. Those who’ve tested your database and found what it contains have never claimed that the middle registers had to come from a DVD. Certainly a possibility, but also not a given fact.

But there are arguments that support your explanation of the process too. There seems to be very little logical reasoning for keeping the upper and very low registers of the original DTS HD MA audio if you are mixing that with an outside source. Why not just keep an original audio stream from a DVD or streaming source intact, since its audio quality should be sufficient?

In other words, those of us looking from the outside and trying to understand the methods haven’t got enough information necessary to make any type of definitive conclusion as to how the program works. And I doubt we ever will.

Sigh, here we go again. Another DVD-Ranger story posted, someone posts their skepticism, DVD-Ranger comes in with righteous indignation and both guns blazing, his hardcore defenders immediately and unquestioningly take his side, round and round it goes, ad infinitum, ad absurdum, ad nauseam. Anyone want to take bets on how long it’ll be before this thread is purged and locked, like it was last time?

For a moment there I thought that DVDranger had decided to simply make and sell their software like other companies do, instead of trying to alienate everyone with aggressive forum posts, but apparently not.

You’re really not helping yourself with this style of public communication.

[QUOTE=MJPollard;2732966]Sigh, here we go again. Another DVD-Ranger story posted, someone posts their skepticism, DVD-Ranger comes in with righteous indignation and both guns blazing, his hardcore defenders immediately and unquestioningly take his side, round and round it goes, ad infinitum, ad absurdum, ad nauseam. Anyone want to take bets on how long it’ll be before this thread is purged and locked, like it was last time?[/QUOTE]

Well, as moderator of this sub-forum no purge or lock [I]yet[/I] though I must admit it is a bit repetitive. We have heard the “It’s simply a substitution of audio tracks” claim and the “You’re a liar and an idiot” retort already enough times sooooo… [U]Don’t let it happen again or there [I]will[/I] be consequences.[/U] In other words, keep it civil, please. :cop:

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2732965]

But there are arguments that support your explanation of the process too. There seems to be very little logical reasoning for keeping the upper and very low registers of the original DTS HD MA audio if you are mixing that with an outside source. Why not just keep an original audio stream from a DVD or streaming source intact, since its audio quality should be sufficient?
[/QUOTE]

Sorry, now you have disqualified yourself complete.

Why do you want now again divert the discussion. Just because you want to not admit that you were wrong. But I really recommend to learn the basics of the technologies you try to write about.

Wrong about what exactly? That your databases contain no upper and lower registers and are combined with something else? I’m not wrong about that.

The question we on the outside will not answer is why this is done, and I’m not asking for an exact explanation either. If you are removing the Cinavia signal from the middle registers of the original audio, [B]then[/B] rebuilding the complete audio, the process does make some sense. If you are taking those registers from a source without Cinavia, and then rebuilding the audio, it doesn’t make as much sense, since a complete audio stream would be far easier to put into the movie. I seriously doubt you expected anyone to find what was in the database, so there was no need to obfuscate them any more than making them open only with your program.

So from my perspective, this supports your explanation. But it doesn’t provide unquestionable proof one way or the other. Just as making databases won’t provide unquestionable proof, even for movies that have Cinavia in both DVD’s and Blu-ray.

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2732968]Well, as moderator of this sub-forum no purge or lock [I]yet[/I] though I must admit it is a bit repetitive. We have heard the “It’s simply a substitution of audio tracks” claim and the “You’re a liar and an idiot” retort already enough times sooooo… [U]Don’t let it happen again or there [I]will[/I] be consequences.[/U] In other words, keep it civil, please. :cop:[/QUOTE]

Well DVDranger couldn’t keep a civil tongue and tone so has been sin-binned until August 13. :cop:

I Will Wait Till Wrath Of The Titians (2012) Comes out i can confirm both dvd and blu ray versions of that have cinavia

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2732975]Well DVDranger couldn’t keep a civil tongue and tone so has been sin-binned until August 13. :cop:[/QUOTE]I didn’t see where Dvdranger did not keep a civil tounge to be honest he was once again attacked by the first post after Doms atleast that is how I see it.

there is not one person on this forum with the expertise to 100% verify that Dvdranger is using other Video sources in the database not one but you all keep on pounding on him and you sin bin him for that?

The program works who to heck cares how…:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

@ kerry have you even tried out the new Cinex ultiltiy it does just what the company says it does no more no less same with the dvd-ranger total program but you assume without facts that they are taking audio from else where to do it and you can’t prove it is so assumtion on your part period.

I find it unreal that you sin binned Dvdranger for what was posted…:doh:

Regards,

ILLP

next to be sin binned…

I haven’t really followed the DVDranger saga. Has there been any explanation about why the software can’t process any movie besides the “it would take too long” excuse ? If this was allowed it would definitely resolve this issue once and for all.

[QUOTE=ILLP;2732989]I didn’t see where Dvdranger did not keep a civil tounge to be honest he was once again attacked by the first post after Doms atleast that is how I see it.

there is not one person on this forum with the expertise to 100% verify that Dvdranger is using other Video sources in the database not one but you all keep on pounding on him and you sin bin him for that?

The program works who to heck cares how…:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

@ kerry have you even tried out the new Cinex ultiltiy it does just what the company says it does no more no less same with the dvd-ranger total program but you assume without facts that they are taking audio from else where to do it and you can’t prove it is so assumtion on your part period.

I find it unreal that you sin binned Dvdranger for what was posted…:doh:

Regards,

ILLP

next to be sin binned…[/QUOTE]
He was sin-binned for what was deleted and for what he PMed to me. PM me and I’ll send you the deleted posts, and his PM daring me to.