Dvd ram

vbimport

My computer does not have a drive that can read dvd ram. Is there a program that I could install to allow this

[QUOTE=bunny53444;2518824]My computer does not have a drive that can read dvd ram. Is there a program that I could install to allow this[/QUOTE]

I think DVD RAM support is hardware related. So no, if your current drive doesnt support dvd-ram, I don’t think you can just install software to enable support.

I think the only solution would be to buy a DVD RAM capable drive.
But hopefully some one more knowledgeable in the subject can chime in

PS: what drive do you have? are you sure your drive doesn’t support DVD-RAM? I think most modern buners support it, (but to be honest I dont know, as I have never used it).

^ Completely agree with ffire06 :iagree:

Installing a piece of software won’t suddenly make a PC drive capable of reading (or writing) to DVD-RAM, if the drive itself doesn’t support it.

As also suggested, please tell us what model drive (or drives) is/are in your PC, and we can go from there - maybe recommend you a capable model if yours does not support DVD-RAM.

[QUOTE=Arachne;2518842]
As also suggested, please tell us what model drive (or drives) is/are in your PC, and we can go from there - maybe recommend you a capable model if yours does not support DVD-RAM.[/QUOTE]Sometimes it is simply a matter of firmware :wink:

Michael, thinking of Dell computers

[QUOTE=mciahel;2518848]Sometimes it is simply a matter of firmware :wink:

Michael, thinking of Dell computers[/QUOTE]

LOL! Good thinking Batman, forgot about Dell’s occasional quirks (luckily, my own Dell-rebadged Sammies already had the DVD-RAM bits enabled). :slight_smile:

Also you can download VSO Inspector (free) and it will tell you everything your burner can read and write if you aren’t sure

[QUOTE=Arachne;2518851]LOL! Good thinking Batman, forgot about Dell’s occasional quirks (luckily, my own Dell-rebadged Sammies already had the DVD-RAM bits enabled). :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah some of the NEC drives were like that as well.

[B]Wombler[/B]