Dvd-ram

vbimport

what the different between DVD-RAM and other DVD like dvd-r?

Check this out, hope it helps.

DVD-burning software may not be required — discs can be used and accessed like a removable hard disk. Mac OS (8.6 or later) supports DVD-RAM directly.

it say dont have to use burning software… but why i cannot copy and past my file to the disk

“DVD-burning software may not be required — discs can be used and accessed like a removable hard disk. Mac OS (8.6 or later) supports DVD-RAM directly. Windows XP supports DVD-RAM directly only for FAT32-formatted discs. Windows Vista is able to write to both FAT32- and UDF-formatted DVD-RAM discs right from within Windows Explorer. Device drivers or other software are needed for earlier versions of Windows or if one wants to use the arguably better UDF format rather than FAT32.”

Does any of the above apply to your situation…
I don’t use them, so I’m just quoting what I got from the wiki…

[QUOTE=eyeshield;2110584]DVD-burning software may not be required — discs can be used and accessed like a removable hard disk. Mac OS (8.6 or later) supports DVD-RAM directly.

it say dont have to use burning software… but why i cannot copy and past my file to the disk[/QUOTE]

You are mixing a few things together.
If you want to copy-paste to your disk, it has to be formatted first. It is the same as if you install a new hard drive. Your OS will not see it before you format it, than you can write to it.

oooo. thanks a lot