Dvd Ram

I have a Panasonic DVD DMR EZ25 and I have copied all my home VHS video movies to DVD RAM. They have been brilliant as I can edit and sort into chapters etc. However these will not play on my PC which runs
Windows XP. I use Pinnacle software to make new home movies and I want to write these to DVD RAM on the PC. Is there something I could download???

[QUOTE=suzanneneale;1965294]I have a Panasonic DVD DMR EZ25 and I have copied all my home VHS video movies to DVD RAM. They have been brilliant as I can edit and sort into chapters etc. However these will not play on my PC which runs
Windows XP. I use Pinnacle software to make new home movies and I want to write these to DVD RAM on the PC. Is there something I could download???
[/QUOTE]Welcome to CDF’s:

What DVD pc drive do you have? You need a DVD-RAM compatible drive.

You are dealing with a total ignoramus here. I don’t have a clue what DVD drive I have!! It’s a DELL PC if that helps??

[QUOTE=suzanneneale;1965308]You are dealing with a total ignoramus here. I don’t have a clue what DVD drive I have!! It’s a DELL PC if that helps??[/QUOTE]
Do you have Nero or some burning software? They will show you what drive you have.

Edit:
Also in My Computer…it will show DVD-RW Drive or if you have a RAM compatible drive it will say DVD-RAM Drive.

I use Pinnacle Studio to burn home movies to DVD. Can’t see what drive I have but it says ‘Disc Writer Device’ -NEC DVD+RW ND -3530A103C. Does that help?

[QUOTE=suzanneneale;1965335]I use Pinnacle Studio to burn home movies to DVD. Can’t see what drive I have but it says ‘Disc Writer Device’ -NEC DVD+RW ND -3530A103C. Does that help?[/QUOTE]That drive will not read or write RAM discs sorry.

Is there anything I can do to my existing dvd drive which doesn’t read RAM discs, to make it read RAM discs??

No you must replace the drive, with one that can read/write DVD RAM.

Panasonc DVD S52 is a dvd player that will play DVD Ram discs.