DVD-RAM under W2K please help

I just bought a 5X RAM disk (mxl16) and when I right click on the drive icon it offers no option to format it, like it probably would in Windows XP. I have w2k SP4 and need the disk to be FAT32. Is there a cure for that? maybe some driver I can get from XP?
Thank you

You need specific drivers for RAM here:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=167669&highlight=panasonic+RAM+drivers

Glad to see you’re feeling better FidelC! I heard you were having some intestinal problems down in Cuba. All along you were just seeking a cure for DVD RAM formatting woes. Trying to keep those CIA boys confused, huh?

To Steven2874: Well, life goes on… Besides, it is hard to bust someone with a perfect CDfreaks alibi :wink:

Chas0039: I installed two drivers: sl25dvdramx.exe and dvdram-2k5021.exe but it doesnt see the disk and no icon for external drive either.

Did anyone have any RAM progress with Pio111L under W2K?

They work with my Pioneer 111L in XP. Sorry the Win2K version is giving you problems. Maybe someone still using 2000 will have saome answers. There aren’t many left. The problem you have for the external drive is not part of this driver probem.

The drive is internal. In a readme of those RAM drivers it says in W2K it suppose to see RAM drive as an external thing. And then u can click that icon to format it.
Plz help out a great leader :wink: anyone with 2k and Pio?

cough Well.
I’m actually not able to run w2k here, but does it really not run with w2k?!? :rolleyes:
And what exact w2k version are you using?

It was sp4 plus rollup1. But it is all past now.
I just had a major format due to one mulfunctioning tray-type HDDs (somebody hot swapped it once :a ). So now I’m on xp sp2. Who knows, it may be for better…
Thank you for your help guys!

Which w2k version was it, pro or AS?

pro

Ah, thanks.

Hi,

Panasonic’s DVD-RAM drivers for W2k need the correct hardware information, that is stored in the dvdram.inf file:

; PIONEER
[PIONEER_DVDRAM.Mfg]

; SCSI/IDE(Intel IDE Driver)/USB
%PIONEER_DVR-110_devdesc% = dvdram_Inst,PIONEER_DVD-RW__DVR-110_1
%PIONEER_DVR-K16_devdesc% = dvdram_Inst,PIONEER_DVD-RW__DVR-K16_1
%PIONEER_DVR-K16A_devdesc% = dvdram_Inst,PIONEER_DVD-RW__DVR-K16A1
%PIONEER_DVR-K16S_devdesc% = dvdram_Inst,PIONEER_DVD-RW__DVR-K16S1

; IDE(Microsoft)
%PIONEER_DVR-110_devdesc% = dvdram_Inst,IDE\CdRomPIONEER_DVD-RW__DVR-110_________________
%PIONEER_DVR-K16_devdesc% = dvdram_Inst,IDE\CdRomPIONEER_DVD-RW__DVR-K16_________________
%PIONEER_DVR-K16A_devdesc% = dvdram_Inst,IDE\CdRomPIONEER_DVD-RW__DVR-K16A________________
%PIONEER_DVR-K16S_devdesc% = dvdram_Inst,IDE\CdRomPIONEER_DVD-RW__DVR-K16S________________

(…)
[Strings.0411]
(…)
;----------------------------------------------------------
; Descriptions for enumerated brands and models

(…)
PIONEER_DVR-110_devdesc = "PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-110"
PIONEER_DVR-K16_devdesc = "PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-K16"
PIONEER_DVR-K16A_devdesc = "PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-K16A"
PIONEER_DVR-K16S_devdesc = “PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-K16S”
(…)
[Strings.0411]
(…)
;----------------------------------------------------------
; Descriptions for enumerated brands and models

(…)
PIONEER_DVR-110_devdesc = "PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-110"
PIONEER_DVR-K16_devdesc = "PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-K16"
PIONEER_DVR-K16A_devdesc = "PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-K16A"
PIONEER_DVR-K16S_devdesc = “PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-K16S”

As you can see, the 111 is not listed here, so the dvdram.inf file has to be edited accordingly.

Michael

P.S.: Using FAT32 for DVD-RAM is not a good idea.

Hmm, interesting! Is dvdram.ini file found in win2k or inthe driver itself?
So u can open ini in Notepad, change a few numbers there and it will support 111? Thanks for your reply.

Hi,

the dvdram.[B]inf[/B] file is part of the drivers package. You can extract the files from the installer package using 7-Zip

So u can open ini in Notepad, change a few numbers there and it will support 111? Thanks for your reply.
Basically Yes. I personally would rather copy existing entries and edit these.

To add a drive after having installed DVD-RAM drivers, this article might be useful: http://www.bhacorp.com/support/faq_dvdram/01.html#2 (They have a nice FAQ section over there at BHA)

Michael

Thanks, man. Nice little archiver. When i have more time and get the PC running better as a whole, i will give this RAM thing another shot.
Cheers.