Dvd-ram & Sh-s182d

After wasting my time and money on DVD+RW and DVD-RW in Windows XP Pro, I finally got what I needed from DVD-RAMs.

I bought B’s Clip6 and it came with a DVD-RAM driver. But I suspect that these drivers are the same as the Panasonic DVD-RAM drivers? I would like to be using the latest drivers.

Am I correct? Can I use the latest Panasonic DVD-RAM drivers with my SH-S182D drive?

This is the Version info on my current driver:

Software Version

December 16, 2005
BHA_VER.09

Driver Software
meiudf.sys - Ver 4.0.8.0
Format Software(DVDForm) - Ver 4.2.2.0
Write Protect Tool(WPTool) - Ver 1.1.6.0
RAM Assistance Tool(RAMASST) - Ver 1.1.0.0

Hi,QUOTE=nDelphi;1958563I finally got what I needed from DVD-RAMs.

I bought B’s Clip6 and it came with a DVD-RAM driver. But I suspect that these drivers are the same as the Panasonic DVD-RAM drivers?[/quote]They are. BHA distributes these drivers commercially.

Can I use the latest Panasonic DVD-RAM drivers with my SH-S182D drive?
Of course. No problem.

This is the Version info on my current driver:
(…)
Driver Software
meiudf.sys - Ver 4.0.8.0
I am using exactly this version on my W2k system. There is a newer version available somewhere on Panasonic website(*), but there is no advantage apart from BluRay-support and some more bloat.

Please make sure you have no other Packet Writing software like InCD installed, since this might cause major conflicts.

Michael

(*) Links to this versions (and also instructions how to remove the hardware lock) are posted somewhere here in the forums

Just more bloat and support for devices I don’t have? I guess I can stick with the driver I have then.

Thanks a lot for the information, it is appreciated.