DVD-RAM problem

vbimport

I have been using DVD-RAM for my backups for years now, haven’t done a backup in a few months, thought I should before I lose something…

Stick the disk in, run my backup program, all errors, it says the disk is write protected, ummmm, no - it isn’t…

I have 2 LG DVD burners, a GSA-4082B and a GSA-H10N.

I used the formatting utility to format the disk, it works, fair enough. I remove the disk, put it back in the drive and I get the same problem, it is write protected.

I had a strange acting disk so I thought I would format it with Roxio Drag to Disk (version 9), well, when that was using one drive, all my disks worked perfectly in the other drive… wtf??

It stopped, I tried again, same error!

do I need to throw drag to disk away, I rarely use it anymore, I used to with CD-rw’s, but they all seem to be write protected now as well, I have a lot and I don’t want to reformat them all again, maybe I should go back to version 7 or 8…

I am at a loss here, this used to work great, not it is a pain in my - ughhh, you know…

Any thoughts or ideas are welcomed, I am going crazy here, that’s a short putt instead of a long drive at this point…

Th@nX

I figured it out, gee, thanx for all the input, what a nice friendly place…

Hi FCDrew, welcome to CDFreaks! :slight_smile:

I’m glad you figured this out on your own. This kind of sarcastic comment isn’t going to make people more inclined to help you with further questions you may have, however. :wink:

Now that you have figured it out, why don’t you explain here in this thread how you solved the problem, and maybe some other person can benefit from that solution. :slight_smile: