DVD RAM Disc Problem

My computer has Windows Vista OS and opticle drive - HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GSA-H20N ATA DEVICE.

The device plays all the CDs and DVDs but it does not recognise DVD RAM. Each time I load it, it ejects the tray and asks ‘insert disc’.

The DVD RAM Disc I use is Panasonic whilst the opticle drive is LG make.

Can any one please advise what might be the problem?

Thank you.

Bibek

Welcome to the forum. Try using a DVD+R or DVD-R might just help.

DVD-RAM media is from Panasonic, but rated for what speeds and which is the full name of the DVD-RAM media?

All the disks like DVD+R or DVD-R and CDs work. It is only DVD Ram disk that it does not read. Is it something to do with the driver?

Panasonic DVD RAM is x3 and it was the only RAM disks that was available in the market 3 years ago.

I burned lot of data and pictures with Samsung DVD ROM in my old computer but present Computer with LG DVD RAM Drive does not read it.

[QUOTE=Pradhan;1967640]Panasonic DVD RAM is x3 and it was the only RAM disks that was available in the market 3 years ago.

I burned lot of data and pictures with Samsung DVD ROM in my old computer but present Computer with LG DVD RAM Drive does not read it.[/QUOTE]

Then you need to install apropriate DVD-RAM drivers.
Which Samsung BURNER have you burnt with onto that DVD-RAM media?

[quote=chef;1968152]Then you need to install apropriate DVD-RAM drivers.
Which Samsung BURNER have you burnt with onto that DVD-RAM media?[/quote]
Thank for your advice but I have found out now that Windows Vista does not support DVD RAM drive. My previous computer with Samsung DVD Drive was Windows XP.
There is advice about downloading cracked DVD RAM drivers and others but they are beyond me.

[QUOTE=Pradhan;1968337]Thank for your advice but I have found out now that Windows Vista does not support DVD RAM drive. My previous computer with Samsung DVD Drive was Windows XP.
There is advice about downloading [B]cracked DVD RAM drivers[/B] and others but they are beyond me.[/QUOTE]

AFAIK, vi$ta has DVD-RAM support. Also, you can install additional DVD-RAM drivers, even from m$ or Panasonic, depending on the drive.

As I explained before the Optical Drive all the CDs and DVDs work but not DVD RAM Disc. Unfortunately I have copied the data from old computer into DVD RAM discs as it takes bigger volume and I am not able to load them now.

Thank you for your advice that Vista does support DVD RAM. My computer has Optical Drive with DVD RAM and the driver works on all other CDs/DVDs. I have updateed the driver to the latest. I have tried downloading DVD RAM driver but have not been successful. Can you please advise if you have Vista and your drive works with DVD RAM? Thank you.

I have no vi$ta, sorry.

Best would be to browse the vi$ta support pages from m$.