DVD RAM/Clone DVD2

I now have the new NEC DVD ND 4550 DVD RAM burner and I’m trying to back up some DVD’s With Clone DVD2. I have set the dropdown to DVD RAM and set the speed to less than 5X.

All I get is a faulty media notice and in the details box I get this “WriteDVD 10 11 W2” I have also tried formatting the RAM, but Windows cannot complete the format for some reason. Any DVD has been tried on and off as these are home video disc’s and are not protected.

I have also tried backing up a pressed movie, but the results are the same. What am I missing? Can this be done? If anyone has any ideas, pleas let me know. :slight_smile:

not sure if it will write to RAM

slysoft site has this

Writes on DVD-R/RW and DVD+R/RW

so it doesn’t look good

@ voxsmart,

Suggest writing an E-Mail inquiring if the CloneDVD software program supports writing data to DVD-RAM media and send it to both SlySoft and Elaborate Bytes at the following address.

support(at)slysoft.com (replace (at) with @)
bugs(at)elby.ch (replace (at) with @)

In your E-Mail describe your problem in detail and include any pertinent information including error codes/error notifications.

Best Regards,
bjkg

Thanks Guys, the strange thing is, in the dropdown menu in the second screen. DVD5, DVD+R DL, Mini DVD, DVD-RAM and custom are present? Apart from the obvious, what does this menu do? I will e mail Slysoft and Elby. :slight_smile:

I believe CloneDVD does support writing to DVD-RAM. But if Windows itself fails to format your DVD-RAM media, I assume something else is severely broken.

Since this drive just came out, I can’t seem to find much information on it.
The NEC USA site doesn’t list it.

I was trying to see what DVD-Ram media it supports but unable to find anything.
If you bought the retaill version perhaps the owners manual list what media is compatible with it.

My point is maybe the DVD-Ram media you have is not compatible with the drive, that is why you can’t format it properly. You could pose your problem in the CD Freaks NEC Burner forum and possibly get an answer as to why it won’t format the disk. Once it formats properly maybe CloneDVD will burn it.

Link for NEC Forum
http://club.cdfreaks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=86

So it does, never noticed it before :clap: , i took the info from slysoft’s site, they should maybe mention it there