DVD Ram brand

What brand of DVD ram is the best? Does it matter?

I like Panasonics the best :slight_smile: but lets see what the others have to say…

The majority of brand name RAM will be Panasonic-made for 3x and Maxell-made for 5x. Either of this is very good. I’d avoid the rest. Panasonic online is about the best place to buy in the USA. If you sign up for their little “club” you get free shipping and cheap prices.

[QUOTE=CDan;1928784]The majority of brand name RAM will be Panasonic-made for 3x and Maxell-made for 5x. Either of this is very good. I’d avoid the rest. Panasonic online is about the best place to buy in the USA. If you sign up for their little “club” you get free shipping and cheap prices.[/QUOTE]

How much do DVD Ram cost?

You should look at best buy, next to the stand alone DVD recorders, that’s where I found mine

Any MIJ DVD-RAM is good. You will either get Panasonic or Maxell of which both are very good. Just dont get MIT discs…

Are DVD RAMs better for long time archival than Hard Drives?

[QUOTE=Goit;1929027]Are DVD RAMs better for long time archival than Hard Drives?[/QUOTE]

Please keep that question to your Newbie forum thread here, where Geno has already given his opinion on that. :wink:

I use mainly Panasonic DVD-RAM and have had no problems with the discs for a good couple of years.