DVD - R Traxdata

Here is the info, what can you tell me about this dvd-r traxdata?
Is it original? or fake?
If i can bring any other informations please tell me, I am new to this forum.
Thanks

Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD-R:RITEKF1]

Disc & Book Type : [DVD-R] - [DVD-R]
Manufacturer Name : [Ritek Corp.]
Manufacturer ID : [RITEKF1]
Blank Disc Capacity : [2,298,496 Sectors = 4.71 GB (4.38 GiB)]

[ DVD Identifier V5.0.1 - http://DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com ]

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

I think that this is a genuine Traxdata, aka an ugly disc :wink:

Welcome to CDF! :smiley:

I have some of those same discs. To be honest, I’ve had better luck with the RITEK F1 mediacode under the Maxell brand.

It’s genuine, as mentioned, no worries about that.

[QUOTE=geno888;1933982]Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

I think that this is a genuine Traxdata, aka an ugly disc ;)[/QUOTE]

Hi mr guru :slight_smile:
What informations can you tell me about this media blank dvd-r?:bow:

[QUOTE=Arachne;1933985]Welcome to CDF! :smiley:

I have some of those same discs. To be honest, I’ve had better luck with the RITEK F1 mediacode under the Maxell brand.

It’s genuine, as mentioned, no worries about that.[/QUOTE]

I saw some things, that you can find out some numbers/letters on the back of the disc, written very small.
Let’s say some codes, what does it represent? For example for may disc it’s written:

DR5f60-01325

The most important factor about this media is that after a short time it can become unreadable. Media degradation in time (some discs can become unreadable after few months) is the main factor to avoid low quality discs.

If you are planning to put important data on DVDs, I suggest to use better quality discs, like Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=geno888;1933988]The most important factor about this media is that after a short time it can become unreadable. Media degradation in time (some discs can become unreadable after few months) is the main factor to avoid low quality discs.

If you are planning to put important data on DVDs, I suggest to use better quality discs, like Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim :)[/QUOTE]

I know that, and that’s the reason i joined this forum…
I don’t know what types of media Taiyo Yuden manufactures…so please tell me if you know :o

I have attached a picture, and tell me more exactly what does that code represents… i have writter before exactly the code that is on my disc.

Thanks

If you are asking if that Traxdata disc is a Taiyo Yuden, the answer is no, but [B]Arachne[/B] can give you more detailed information about disc codes.

There are many reliable sources of genuine TY discs online, but we need to know where do you live to give suggestions :slight_smile:

Do you live in Europe?

Yes, I live in Romania(europe)
I want to find out, how to check the discs before buying them, i don’t to buy fakes, i want to burn dvds and have a long lifetime…
Can you give me a link, i am lost in this forum :stuck_out_tongue: to see the TY media list, and much more…
for example ritek supports traxdata etc

SVP is a reliable store for TY media in Europe :slight_smile:

FWIW, I don’t believe Ritek 16x media has the same deterioration problem that plagued the 8x -R (and some 4x -R) media.

Or at least, no-one’s come forward here and reported any.

As Geno says, you won’t find TY discs under the Traxdata brand - those are Ritek.

In Europe, Taiyo Yuden discs are sometimes found under the Verbatim brand, amongst others (see The Taiyo Yuden FAQ for a small list, and also details of the spindle TY discs are often found in).

RITEKF1 uses another technology, it’s a technology called Oxonol Dye from Fuji. It’s probably better than Ritek’s own stuff (Fuji use the RITEKF1 for their LabelFlash discs) and degradation should not be an issue with these 16x.

a tdk media dvd-r

Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD-R:TTH02]

Disc & Book Type : [DVD-R] - [DVD-R]
Manufacturer Name : [TDK Corp.]
Manufacturer ID : [B][TTH02][/B]
Blank Disc Capacity : [2,298,496 Sectors = 4.71 GB (4.38 GiB)]

[ DVD Identifier V5.0.1 - http://DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com ]

What can u tell me about this one?
Thanks

RitekF1 -uses FUJI oxolife like said earlier.
About stability - There could be the problems on some standalones and very old cd burners. It seems that these have problems burning oxolife based media in general. Resulting in slowly degrading disc’s !
However newer PC writers can burn this media the way it should be, which will result in very stable media.

About the TTH02.
TTH02 has had more negative feedback as the ritek-F1’s. I think there ussing TDK’s cyanine based dye if I’m right.

Stick with RITEKF1’s if possible - Ive had TTH02 discs die on me in under a year, but not RITEKF1’s

Thanks dude for sharing the informations