DVD+R Skipping and Freezing

I ripped a DVD using DVD Shrink and burned it with DVD Decrypter to a DVD+R and it keeps skipping and freezing about half way through.

Why is this happening? I am trying to play the DVD in a laptop.

Thanks.

To much shrinkage, burning to fast,bad media
It can be 1 or all of the above

How do you burn slower with DVD Decrypter? And would it help if I verified the disc?

Thanks.

Verifying the disc does not hurt but probably will not help either.

As far as adjusting I do not remember how, just read somewhere that someone did it to get a backup done.

I use Imgburn myself.

What other program did you use with dvdshrink to rip with?

[QUOTE=bean55;2307875]Verifying the disc does not hurt but probably will not help either.

As far as adjusting I do not remember how, just read somewhere that someone did it to get a backup done.

I use Imgburn myself.

What other program did you use with dvdshrink to rip with?[/QUOTE]

I just used DVD Shrink.

Would using a different program like Any DVD or DVDFab fix the problem?

Thanks.

Yes you need something to work thru the DVD security.

I use DVDFab with Imgburn as my burning software.I also have AnyDVD and use Imgburn there also as my burning software.

[QUOTE=bean55;2307908]Yes you need something to work thru the DVD security.

I use DVDFab with Imgburn as my burning software.I also have AnyDVD and use Imgburn there also as my burning software.[/QUOTE]

So are you saying that the DVD Shrink is causing the freezing and skipping because there is encryption that it cannot remove?

I thought if there was encryption that DVD Shrink couldn’t remove that it would just not rip it?

How do you lower the burning speed in ImgBurn?

Thanks.

You have to use the discovery mode and then set the speed for each type of disc that you use.

I do the first disc of each new stack and set it and you’re done.

The fact it plays means the rip is OK.
The symptoms suggest that your drive can’t keep up with the minimum bitrate required to maintain consistent video … that means your laptop drive is having trouble reading the disc.

Laptop drives are, quite frankly, totally crap compared to their desktop equivalents, and will have trouble reading/writing media at any decent speed that desktop drives will read/write fine.
Try some different Media - you can use either taiyo yuden, or Mitsubishi (verbatim) for best results.