Dvd+r show enpty after burning in top shelf burner

vbimport

Hello, I ran into a proble this morning.

My wife went to sonicate the upcoming baby and brought back with her a DVD that was recorded on a stand alone DVD recorder (I do not know brand or capabilities), and when trying to play it on my lap and stand alone dvd player they show empty disc.

Nero InfoTool reports

Blank DVD+R
Capacity n/a
manufacturer TDK003

However the dvd shows a portion of it as if it was recorded on, you know diferent reflectivity, my question is, can I recover whatever got recorded on it, any special software to acomplish it? Is it good media? I have like 10 of these TDK and dont want to loose data in the near future.

Thanks for reading

please try ImgBurn using read mode. copy the video to hard drive and play using VLC. if this is successful you can then re-burn the video to new disc using ImgBurn in write mode.

www.imgburn.com

i tried ImgBurn, seems to be a really interesting software, however it doesn’t allow me to read at all as it also shows empty disc. It gave the following info:

MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-841S 1.50 (ATA)
Current Profile: DVD+R

Disc Information:
Erasable: No
Free Sectors: 2,295,104
Free Space: 4,700,372,992 bytes
Free Time: 510:03:29 (MM:SS:FF)

Physical Format Information (ADIP):
Disc ID: TDK-003-00
Book Type: DVD+R
Part Version: 1
Disc Size: 120mm
Maximum Read Rate: Not Specified
Number of Layers: 1
Track Path: Parallel Track Path (PTP)
Linear Density: 0.267 um/bit
Track Density: 0.74 um/track
First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196,608
Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 2,491,711
Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 0

Physical Format Information (Last Recorded):
Disc ID: TDK-003-00
Book Type: DVD+R
Part Version: 1
Disc Size: 120mm
Maximum Read Rate: Not Specified
Number of Layers: 1
Track Path: Parallel Track Path (PTP)
Linear Density: 0.267 um/bit
Track Density: 0.74 um/track
First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196,608
Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 2,491,711
Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 0

Is there any other program that could allow me to read raw data, or recover something?

Thanks for your patience

Did they finalize the dvd for you in the dvd recorder? That may be the problem, but I’m no expert on stand alone dvd recorders.

Try ISOBuster and see if it can find any info on the disk.

when trying to play it on my lap and stand alone dvd player they show empty disc.

Disc Information:

imgburn is as good as it gets. my money is on Disc Is Empty. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2091120]Did they finalize the dvd for you in the dvd recorder? That may be the problem, but I’m no expert on stand alone dvd recorders.

Try ISOBuster and see if it can find any info on the disk.[/QUOTE]

Yes i’ll try that, If not will have to bring it back to the clinic to have it fixed.

Thanks for your quick reply

I am certain that the clinic will have kept the ultrasound scan as part of your wife’s medical records.

You could take a Verbatim +RW (rewriteable) disc with you and ask them to use that. If the DVD recorder will accept it, it won’t need finalising after the recording.