DVD-R ripping problems

Hey i’ve got a slight problem when attempting to rip dvd-r’s

I’ve ripped movies and some dvd-r’s without a problem in the past. However on occasion i come across a disc that once i’ve ripped it with DVD shrink or even mac the ripper the .vob has a good file size but when played or placed in an editing program it only plays the first 15 seconds.

i have found one way around this by not importing the first and last 60 seconds of each title.

Has anyone came across this issue before? if so is there a way around this so i can rip the whole title successfuly? ( if needed i can record the primary disc i’m ripping onto a dvd+r rather than a dvd-r )

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

The best option is to use an updated dvd ripper software, because DVD Shrink is too old to rip correctly latest titles.

The main options are AnyDVD (not free) and DVDFab Decrypter (free).

Try again to rip your movies with one of these softwares. This should solve :slight_smile:

i’ve tried anydvd and dvdfab and i’m still experienceing the same problem of only have a 15 second play back from my dvd-r

Then next obvious question might be; what souce file/-s and what “editing” software?
:slight_smile:

[I]Off topic.[/I]
BTW anyone, what can be edited by DVDFab Decrypter (freeware), asking this because I only use RipIt4Me and DVDShrink.

Maybe dirty or bad drive??

[I]Off topic.[/I][QUOTE=THE C.;1945670]Maybe dirty or bad drive??[/QUOTE]Hmm, but a drive that learned to play and then stop at 15 seconds… :bigsmile:
(We don’t even know WHAT drive OP is using.)

I’m using Final cut, premiere, and sony vagas all with the same result, also when if i was to turn the vob to and mpg any player i put it in will have a skitty jump play back for 15 seconds.

i’ve tried the disc’s on multiple drives both pc based and mac based.

and still with all these variations i am faced with the ripping issue ( one thing i did not mention is that these are disc’s from a dvd recorder )

Self recorded disks do not require ‘ripping’. They aren’t encrypted. If they are VOB files, try VOB2MPG. If they are VR format, you’re on your own but I hear ‘search’ works pretty good…

Finalise the discs first

[QUOTE=plong1984;1945586][B]Hey i’ve got a slight problem when attempting to rip dvd-r’s
[/B]
I’ve ripped movies and some dvd-r’s without a problem in the past. However on occasion i come across a disc that once i’ve ripped it with DVD shrink or even mac the ripper the .vob has a good file size but when played or placed in an editing program it only plays the first 15 seconds.

i have found one way around this by not importing the first and last 60 seconds of each title.

Has anyone came across this issue before? if so is there a way around this so i can rip the whole title successfuly? ( if needed i can record the primary disc i’m ripping onto a dvd+r rather than a dvd-r )[/QUOTE]

Who would rip [B]DVD-R[/B]s???

Just copy them!