DVD-R or DVD+R

vbimport

Does anyone know the proper settings to be able to use dvd-R disks? It seems when I updated DVD FAB 5.2.2.2 it reset my settings. I finally figured out to check “Set Booktype to DVD-ROM” in order to be able to write DVD+R. again. Can I use DVD-R media? Thanks

[QUOTE=laceface;2189120]Does anyone know the proper settings to be able to use dvd-R disks? It seems when I updated DVD FAB 5.2.2.2 it reset my settings. I finally figured out to check “Set Booktype to DVD-ROM” in order to be able to write DVD+R. again. Can I use DVD-R media? Thanks[/QUOTE]

The ability of your burner (the hardware - your DVD RW drive) to burn either +R or -R format discs is determined by the manufaturer of your drive - not any DVDFab or burner settings.

The fastest way to determine what your drive will handle (aside from reading its manual - if you got one) is to download Kris Schoof’s DVD Identifier (a freebie) and run a scan on a blank disc.

As well as finding out who made your blank DVD, there will be a section listing all the DVD blank formats - anything with a little green box beside it indicates a format your drive can handle.

Hope this helps.

O’C

:slight_smile:

P.S. If you’ve done any burns with DVDFab, the same info will be in the logs of the burns, but Kris’s program is a much more elegant presentation of the information.

Thanks for the tip.