dvd-R DL

does anyone know where i can get any dual layer dvd-R blank media? not the dvd+r dual layer the dvd-R dual layer? thankyou in advance.

Where are you located?
Most media shops now sell Verbatim DVD-R Dual Layer discs.

in the us. verbatim are kidda crappy arent they? i usually use tys but they dont make dl dvdds. why i dont know?

Verbatim as a whole are excellent discs (both single layer and double layer). As for double layer discs they are second to none for quality. www.newegg.com would be my recommendation.

Verbatim (Mitsubishi) makes the best quality DVD+R DL and DVD-R DL discs hands down.
There is no dispute.

in the us. verbatim are kidda crappy arent they?

Exactly the opposite is true.

For the single layer discs, MOST lines of Verbatim are considered to be at the highest possible level, “Class 1” media, which is a very short list that includes Taiyo Yuden. These are any Verbatims made by Mitsubishi Chemicals.

For the double layer discs, Verbatim discs would probably be considered to be the ONLY disc in a “Class 1” category. In other words, all of the others rank a definite notch below them. Hopefully, this will change, and I did have success with six of the Ritek dual layer discs as well, but others have even had problems with those. And, ALL of the other lines out there of dual layer DVD+R and dual layer DVD-R have had a lot of problem reports. Only the Verbatim seems immune, so that is all I will buy right now for dual layer.

-Bruce