DVD+R DL made in India bought from netsoftmedia are good or are crap?

I want to know if this media are aceptable…made in singapore are better, I know, but I want to know if made in india dvd+r dl are crap or what.

the media ID is MKM001

I have a pioneer 112d, and I can’t test the burn quality (this burner doesn’t allow it)

and I suggest to don’t buy from netsoftmedia…I bought 1 month ago made in singapore media and then sent me made in india media…

thanks

people have always had probs with Verb DVD DL MII,atleast the Majority :frowning:

i was You i would not get it :disagree: & try for MIS in Local Stores :iagree:

dmdevotee,

either an older version of nero cd dvd speed or dvdinfopro should work for scanning.
But the results will not that easy be comparable with scans from other drives.

[QUOTE=chef;1972158]dmdevotee,

either an older version of nero cd dvd speed or dvdinfopro should work for scanning.
But the results will not that easy be comparable with scans from other drives.[/QUOTE]

thanks!

I tried with dvdinfopro

this are the results:

I don’t understand this scans, please, tell me, this verbatim are good or bad? (if they are comparable)

They are garbage…

First of all, you can’t get a meaningful scan out of a Pioneer, IMO. That scan doesn’t look very good, but they never do. If you don’t have a good scanning drive you’ll have to judge by compatibility (do they read in everything) and coaster frequency.

My experience with MII MKM001s is that the early batches are complete crap (frequent coasters) but the recent ones are getting better (few or no coasters) although still not as good. MISs would burn well at 6X and even 8X but the MIIs are still not reliable past 4X.
One good thing is that Verbatim will replace coasters.

Unfortunately, I don’t think any MKM001s have been made in Singapore in 8-9 months or more. Any you get lucky and find are old stock and disappearing fast. If you want Singapore product, you’ll have to pay the price for MKM003 (the ones marked as 8X-10X). For me, the latest MIIs seem to work well enough to be worth the savings.

do you think this dvds could damage the lens of the xbox 360?

[QUOTE=dmdevotee;1975772]do you think this dvds could damage the lens of the xbox 360?[/QUOTE]

I doubt it. And most of the 360 games don’t pass the 7gb burn, so you won’t get that 4pif block.

BTW you scanned with a Pioneer? Don’t trust their scans… Get a LiteOn for that effect.

[QUOTE=dmdevotee;1975772]do you think this dvds could damage the lens of the xbox 360?[/QUOTE]

:confused:
The disc has no real contact with the “laser”, so how should that be possible?

The disc has no real contact with the “laser”, so how should that be possible?[/QUOTE]

I thought that bad quality media could force the lens or something else (like someone who reads in the dark force the eyes)

[QUOTE=dmdevotee;1976455]I thought that bad quality media could force the lens or something else (like someone who reads in the dark force the eyes)[/QUOTE]

LOL! :smiley:

No problem.

Mechanical parts aswell as the PUH (including the “Laser”) will wear out over time. Either by not using, dusting, reading, …

[QUOTE=MrMoody;1975562]Unfortunately, I don’t think any MKM001s have been made in Singapore in 8-9 months or more. Any you get lucky and find are old stock and disappearing fast. If you want Singapore product, you’ll have to pay the price for MKM003 (the ones marked as 8X-10X). For me, the latest MIIs seem to work well enough to be worth the savings.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I’ve seen plenty of new style (meaning they are within a year old) MKM001 DL around and they’re all MIS around here and they all burn nicely :bigsmile:

Now as for the comments others made about wearing the laser out - here’s some info for you all -

Some model PS2’s were known to blow fuses and have lasers die and do all these weird things if you used a scratched disc, or one that was basically hard to read. A poor burn is hard to read, isn’t it :stuck_out_tongue:

Who’s to say that the Xbox couldn’t have some of the same issues. I also believe it will wear the laser out quicker because it’s stressing more to read and sometimes re read bad spots, possibly using more laser power to do so, focusing closer etc.

It’s a fact that a console using all original games will quite often outlast one that’s been playing burns all it’s life. So yes, I personally believe good burns should be used at all times.

[B]@ THE.C[/B] - how is the burn garbage? Did you stop to think how the hell the PIF could exceed 900 in one spot but not have any rise in PIE? Looks like a false result to me. A TRT will tell the truth though.

To find out if this is a bad burn, do not use quality scanning with a pioneer. Either get a liteon, or use cdspeed with the Pioneer to do a Transfer Rate Test.

TRT is a real world reading test. If the disc actually has those errors, the pioneer will almost certainly stop and give a read error message. If it goes through beautifully, you have a fully readable burn and the next step to gathering more info is getting a liteon drive.