DVD+R DL hub printable?

Has anyone seen DVD+R DL in hub printable??
I see several manufacturers are making CDs, DVD-R, DVD+R in hub printable versions, but I have not seen DL media in hub printable. Is there is a reason for this that we know of??

Thanks much,
windy

Verbatim doesn’t make them, and it’s the only DL media worth buying.

There is some avaliable but I can’t remember right off hand where I seen them
though, but like CDan said they are not Verbatim so I wouldn’t even consider
buying them myself. :disagree:

[Edit] here they are Infiniti 360 Full-Face Printable DL (8x) DVD+R
http://svp.co.uk/products-solo.php?pid=2026#reviews

Taiyo Yuden -R DL (TYG11) are also full-face printable.

Has anyone tried these discs?

http://blankmedia.ca/proddetail3.asp?id=1328

They seem a bit generic but the price is right and since there is a complete lack of selection for DL hub printable discs, not to mention glossy, I may just give them a try. I’ve never heard of MBI before but this seems to be the full company name “Moser Baer India”. I guess I’ll find out if they’re any good soon.

The media code is probably MBIPG101 R04 since they’re 8x +R, which I’ve found very good - but that’s under reputable brands (Imation, TDK). Not sure what the unbranded ones would burn like.

I have no clue about the surface, unfortunately, having not tried them.

Personally, if the price is acceptable to you, I’d give them a go. Mainly because my LG drives seem to like Moser Baer media.

Edit: Hmmm, just clocked the media code as mentioned on the page: “RICOHJPNSD0” - not one I’ve heard before, and certainly not from MBI. You definitely have no other choices?

I’ve been searching for a long long…long time for hub printable DVD+R DL hub printables plus these are glossy waterproof which they claim are comparable to TYs. I just ordered them and really hope they burn well on my LiteOn LH-20A1L because it doesn’t like the TY watershields which are my favorite discs. I have to burn all of my TY DVDs on my old PC with a NEC ND-4551a. If these burn well on the LiteOn I’ll be trying the standard DVD-Rs from MBI as well since there seems to be no firmware update coming from LiteOn to enable burning the TYs

@TheOne_66
post back and let us know how they burn good or bad in your Liteon :wink:

Being cheaper than the glossy inkjet cds and dvds offered by Taiyo Yuden and Primera, these[U] [B]Moser Baer [/B][/U] disks have identical (if not better) printing to the TY dvdrs and a high quality burn side with low PI/PO errors as well. The main difference is the price.

Archne they claim they are mfg by Moser Baer but I’m not sure if I would trust them to burn all that good anyway.

I have 2 25packs of dvd+r dl 2.4x verbatim photo printable and they are great…
But now, my 360 died so… i guess wont be using them very soon lol.

The MBIs burn very well in the LH-20A1L. I have been having a problem setting layer breaks though. Everytime I set the layer break, the Disc hangs several times at the break position in one of my players. The other players play these discs fine. There is no problem when not setting the layer break position. I may try the single layer MBIs now since the TYs don’t work in this burner.

So has anyone else tried these discs yet? I’m damn tired of not having a hub-printable DL option. The price for 40 shipped to me in California is about $100. I’d love to give them a try but am wondering just how good they are.

These seem to burn OK but only at very low speeds, I burn at 2x. They play back well but the scans are poor. The scan stops after the first layer and hang so I can’t post a complete scan. Since these are the only hub printable DLs so far, I’ll keep using them.

www.supermediatstore.com has hub printable dvd+r. I’ve been looking for dual layer hub printable dvd-r without success.

[QUOTE=alcamp99;2496168]www.supermediatstore.com has hub printable dvd+r. I’ve been looking for dual layer hub printable dvd-r without success.[/QUOTE]

http://www.meritline.com/ritek-ridata-8x-dvd-plus-r-dl-white-inkjet-hub-printable---p-27287.aspx

http://www.meritline.com/philips-8x-double-dvd-plus-r-white-inkjet-hub-printable---p-26842.aspx

http://www.meritline.com/imation-dvd-r-8x-double-layer-white-inkjet-hub-printable-27070---p-34438.aspx

Be aware that these often burn like crap. There is also the Falcon Media brand that is much the same.

[QUOTE=CDan;2496201]…Be aware that these often burn like crap. There is also the Falcon Media brand that is much the same.[/QUOTE]Not at all true in my case. I’ve now burned almost 100 Falcon DL discs in the last four or five months without a single problem. Every disc verifies in ImgBurn and every disc plays in both of my two standalone players. The Falcon discs rock.

[QUOTE=brownstem;2497289]Every disc verifies in ImgBurn and every disc plays in both of my two standalone players. The Falcon discs rock.[/QUOTE]

If that’s your standard for “quality” burns, that’s great. But if you do actual quality scans on the discs it’s a different story. the Falcon discs seem to have maintained a reasonable reputation for at least not making coasters in most burners. I have some, but when I want to burn a “keeper” movie, I reach for the Verbatim. For shorter term storage I use the Falcon. Hub printing isn’t important enough to forgo a high quality burn. YMMV.

Anyway, I spoke poorly and didn’t mean to lump the Falcon in with the others, although the media codes may well be the same on many of the brands, so buyer beware.

[QUOTE=CDan;2497309]If that’s your standard for “quality” burns, that’s great. But if you do actual quality scans on the discs it’s a different story. the Falcon discs seem to have maintained a reasonable reputation for at least not making coasters in most burners. I have some, but when I want to burn a “keeper” movie, I reach for the Verbatim. For shorter term storage I use the Falcon. Hub printing isn’t important enough to forgo a high quality burn. YMMV.

Anyway, I spoke poorly and didn’t mean to lump the Falcon in with the others, although the media codes may well be the same on many of the brands, so buyer beware.[/QUOTE]Yes, I guess that is my standard for quality burns. Given that Verb DLs are, at best, twice the price, I’m not willing to pay the extra. When it was basically a two-horse field, Ritek and Verb, I’d pay the extra. But I can’t do that with the success I’ve had with Falcon so far. Maybe I’ll regret it in the end, but by then I’ll have transferred all my backups to hard drives anyway!

[QUOTE=CDan;2497309]If that’s your standard for “quality” burns, that’s great. But if you do actual quality scans on the discs it’s a different story. the Falcon discs seem to have maintained a reasonable reputation for at least not making coasters in most burners. I have some, but when I want to burn a “keeper” movie, I reach for the Verbatim. For shorter term storage I use the Falcon. Hub printing isn’t important enough to forgo a high quality burn. YMMV.

Anyway, I spoke poorly and didn’t mean to lump the Falcon in with the others, although the media codes may well be the same on many of the brands, so buyer beware.[/QUOTE]
After all these years of trying to help friends avoid getting stuck with what is mostly garbage out there in the hub-print DL world, I have some good news to share, CDan. The days of answering “play it safe, forget about hub-printable and stick with Verbatim MKM DL quality” are almost over :bigsmile:. I know I’ve been waiting a long time for the day that MKM and hub-printable are no longer mutually exclusive :clap:.

[QUOTE=windyweather;1864655]Has anyone seen DVD+R DL in hub printable??
I see several manufacturers are making CDs, DVD-R, DVD+R in hub printable versions, but I have not seen DL media in hub printable. Is there is a reason for this that we know of??

Thanks much,
windy[/QUOTE]

Yes, I’ve used RiData, but with mixed success. I’ve seen Verbatim and am told it is superior. Try SuperMediaStore.com