DVD+R DL copy (only menu plays / repeats)

vbimport

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone has any idea what is causing the DVD+R DL copying problem I’m having trouble with.

I’m copying a dual layer DVD onto Verbatim DVD+R DL discs.

Everything seems to copy fine, it works fine in the DVD drive in my computer, but when I try to play it in all 4 DVD players in my house I can’t get past the menu, when I select play on the menu and press play, it just repeats the menu, if I choose song select and select a particular track / song, the same happens and it just repeats the menu.

I’ve tried copying by saving to my hard drive with DVD Decrypter and burning with Nero, I’ve saved to my hard drive using AnyDVD’s save to hard drive tool and burning with Nero, I’ve also tried copying on the fly with AnyDVD running, all have given the same results as described above.

Any opinions on what the problem could be / how to solve it will be appreciated !

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

If you have the file on your HDD and it plays properly,then use IMGBurn to burn it instead of Ner0…Try it.
You might also try a different ripper…I don’t use AnyDVD, I use DVDFab Plats “clone Mode”, however you can try with DVDFab HD Decrypter>Imgburn.

I had good luck with copying to my hdd with dvdshrink then burning with nero.

[QUOTE=t0nee1;2132202]If you have the file on your HDD and it plays properly,then use IMGBurn to burn it instead of Ner0…Try it.
You might also try a different ripper…I don’t use AnyDVD, I use DVDFab Plats “clone Mode”, however you can try with DVDFab HD Decrypter>Imgburn.[/QUOTE]

Thank-You very much, I successfully made a copy by using DVDFab 5 and ImgBurn !
Cheers !
(It only gave 2 options for the layer break - I’m guessing where it said “SPLIP = NO” was the original layer break ?)

PS - Any idea why using AnyDVD or DVD Decrypter, burning on the fly, using Nero to burn etc failed ?, it also failed to work using DVD Decrypter ISO read / ISO write.

I’m trying to figure out if I should permanently replace DVD Decrypter with DVDFab 5, and / or replace Nero Suite with ImgBurn…

Thanks again for your help.

Yeah I think I tried DVD Shrink and Nero but some kind of protection got in the way, thankfully t0nee1’s combination has worked very nicely !

I have been reading a lot lately about Nero problems.
Maybe some of there driver updates are having issues.

DVDFab and imgburn are my choice of programs.

Happy Burning

[QUOTE=bean55;2133655]I have been reading a lot lately about Nero problems.
Maybe some of there driver updates are having issues.

DVDFab and imgburn are my choice of programs.

Happy Burning[/QUOTE]

It’s just strange, in the 5 years I’ve been using this particular Nero program I have NEVER had any sort of problem with it burning CD’s and single layer DVD’s (just the dual layer DVD’s).

I never tried burning DL with NERO before so I really don’t know.I just know that since I have been using imgburn I have had no problems at all.
And I have seen several post with people haveing problems with NERO.

If you stay on this forum for a while or visit other video forums, you will see that quite a few people complain about Nero and DL burning. For some reason it has a problem to set correct layer brake.
There is no problem for single layer or CD burns, but for DVD/DL ImgBurn is the best.

To quote a member from another forum,

"Friends don’t let friends use Ner0…especially to burn a video DVD. " :bigsmile:

With that said/quoted, I agree,and since I started using IMGburn and uninstalling Ner0 from my system[s] I’ve not looked back and don’t plan on installing/using Ner0 any time soon…But to each their own,that’s just [B][I]my[/I][/B] preference is all…No doubt many ,many users would agree on IMGburn’s DVD burning superiority, and others will disagree…
What ever works!..

@bomber2007,
I am not by any means suggesting you uninstall DVD Decrypter,Shrink or Ner0…I’m only expressing an opinion based on my humble experience…
I still use DVDD and Shrink as well as several other proggies/tools to perform tasks they’re able to process e.g DVD audio extraction, Shrinks re-author mode etc… …I just don’t use Nero and don’t plan on using it…These days you need a new ripper for most newer flicks to “git er done”… I use DVDFab Plat and sometimes the free one DVDFab HD Decrypter …In fact FYI,the author of ImgBurn just happens to be the author of DVD Decrypter…

Thanks for the help guys.

Yeah I was going to keep DVD Shrink anyway because sometimes I still put dual layer DVD’s onto single layer DVD’s when I don’t care about keeping it 100% exact as the original.

Just 1 last question.
I was going to delete DVD Decrypter because I only use it to get past copyright protection when saving a DVD to my hard drive before I burn it.
As DVDFab5 is newer than DVD Decrypter doesn’t it cover all the same kinds of copyright protection as DVD Decrypter does ?
Would I actually come across DVD’s that DVD Decrypter will help with but the newer DVDFab5 can’t ?

bomber2007 wrote,
“Would I actually come across DVD’s that DVD Decrypter will help with but the newer DVDFab5 can’t ?”

Some have reported using DVD Decrypter on certain flicks that Fab failed for them…This is why I’m against uninstalling DVDD or Shrink for that matter…You can never have too many tools in the toolbox IMO!..

One other tool you might want in your arsenal is RipIt4Me, (you can google it, it’s free), it uses Dvd Decrypter, but if you launch it, go into Logs/Settings, Preferences & uncheck check for updates because there won’t be any. As mentioned you can never have enough tools in your arsenal.