DVD+R DL Burning Failures (Lite-On SH-16A7S)

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Lite-On SH-16A7S. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I have purchased to DVD+R DL memorex but have been getting 100% failure. I understand that the drive, media, and software can be the problem but I would like an opinion. I have tried 3 different burners. Two are Lite-on (different models) and one of another brand but dont have the make right now. I have also tried roxio,nero,Ashampoo with atleast 2 on each drive. None of my drives have firmware updates and the software is up to date in every case. The main project that I am trying to burn is a single 6GB archive but the project fails every time. I have gone through nearly 15 discs trying something different each time but it will not take. I have also tried burn a similar size project but not in a single file format which also fails. I have tried creating an iso before buring. I have tried TAO and DAO mode on the burns but both fail. One my Lite-on SH-16A7S the burn project always finishes without error but the disc is worthless when trying to access or verify data after burn. The other two drives fail everytime. One thing that I have noticed is the dvd seems to have a strange oil spill type pattern after the burn project on the SH-16A7S. The other projects fail to early to know if they would make the same pattern. Is it safe to say the the media is likely the problem in this case? Can you successfully burn large files like I am trying? If you are not is this a limitation of the media because udf should support this correct? I would not mind purchasing new media if I am not wasting time and money and that is way I am asking for opinions. If I do purchase new media are there any recommendations for DVD+R DL discs?

Thank you

Memorex probably Ritek DLs are often not the best media, and LiteOn not the greatest DL burner. Use Verbatim 8x DVD+R DL, that`s the best advice.

Verbatim 6 or 8x DVD+R DL and burn at 4x would be my thought

Thank you for the advice. I picked up a new burner. The price was good and I have always like LG products so I hope it was a good choice. I also bought so Verbatim DL discs and have not had a failure yet.

[QUOTE=x-jd-x;2174106]Thank you for the advice. I picked up a new burner. The price was good and I have always like LG products so I hope it was a good choice. I also bought so Verbatim DL discs and have not had a failure yet.[/QUOTE]

Great to hear it’s working for you.
At what speed are you burning at? What DL Disc did you end up getting?

Happy Burning