DVD+R compatibility

vbimport

I just have a quick question. I recently purchased an RCA DRC212N progressive scan DVD player. I have been burning DVDs using DVD Decryptor, DVD2One and then burning them with Roxio 6.0 Platinum.

My problem is every time I go to watch a DVD on the player, it just brings up the video files, and won’t let me play them.

Has anyone else had this problem?? Should I be using different software. I was under the impression that my choice of software was compatible with a lot of stand-alone players.

Is there any codes I can put into the player in order to play them??

Thanks for your help!

Chris

what kind of burner do you use? Does it also burn dvd-r media?

Many people have better luck on standalone players using DVD-r media. I am one of em. My player plays dvd+r disks, but hangs sometimes. I have no problem with dvd-r media in the same player. If you search the forum, you will find that I am not alone in this.

On the other hand, if you have the right hardware, you may be able to change the booktype on the DVD+R media to DVD-Rom before burning, and your standalone player may read it better then. Very many people have had success with this method even though I havent. Just check out the recording hardware forum for more information.

kid185