DVD-R/CD-RW rewrittable combo drive reads CDs but cannot seem to burn CDs

My DVD-R/CD-RW rewrittable combo drive reads CDs but cannot seem to burn CDs.
It shows the Drive Type as “DVD/CD-ROM drives” in Windows Xp sp2.
I used a blank CD and its status is shown as a Read Only CD in Nero Express and once tried to burn and it didnt get burned.

what do you guys think the problem is ?
Do I need to Install a driver for the new combo drive?:frowning:

Hi and Welcome!

you happen to have software like Daemon Tools, Alcohol or similar installed? If so, then check the settings of these softwares, since they often have options like “Hide ATIP” enabled. Find and disable such options and see if that works.

Michael

Hi mciahel,

Thanks for the answer. It seems a problem with the "Nero Express"
I need to record this CD with nice menu having clickable mini images for the correcsponding image/vedio that displays in a DVD-player(not DVD driver for the PC).
(My CD got burned with Windows XP without Nero.
Since I dont have the DVD-player at hand now and this is for someone else can you please tell me If this can be done the way Ive mentioned above.)
Does this Daemon Tool or Alcohol do it that way ? :slight_smile:

Hi,

[QUOTE=Ketara;2227570]Thanks for the answer. It seems a problem with the "Nero Express"
I need to record this CD with nice menu having clickable mini images for the correcsponding image/vedio that displays in a DVD-player(not DVD driver for the PC).[/quote]:confused: I thought, your problem were you not being able to burn CDs at all? :confused:

(My CD got burned with Windows XP without Nero.
Since I dont have the DVD-player at hand now and this is for someone else can you please tell me If this can be done the way Ive mentioned above.)
No idea. Looks like something like Photo CD or similar. You might read the Nero help files in order to learn about the capabilities of Nero. There are also tutorials available on Nero.com website.

Does this Daemon Tool or Alcohol do it that way ? :slight_smile:
No, these have totally different purpose.

Michael