DVD-R burn with Plextor 708A cannot played

I have used AnyDVD with CloneDVD, but I have big problem, the my DVD-R can be watch my DVD player, but as the movie gets to the end, the picture mess up. This had happens to many of my DVD-R, what should I do now? I have 256MB of RAM, the weird thing is that I have use CloneDVD to clone 3 DVD-R and nothing is bad, until now, my DVD-R would mess up near the end, when I played it back on DVD player! Please tell me what happen? With CloneDVD, my comp only takes about 1hr 30 min to burn a DVD-R, so I do not think that I have low RAM on comp. I have a Plextor PX708A DVD Burner.

I’m using a cheap CompUSA DVD-r that can only burn at 1x, and that is what I’m burn at, only 1X. but still mess up when the movie gets near the end, when playing it back on DVD player!

Ever thought you were using crappy media? Why did you buy the best burner on the market to burn the worst quality blanks. Buy Ricoh, Verbatim, TDK, Sony or Ritek and be happy!

It’s ironic that the best burner on the market cannot burn all disks. The best burner should be able to burn both good and bad quallity disks.

Agree with whole-heartedly !..

Originally posted by xjman
It’s ironic that the best burner on the market cannot burn all disks. The best burner should be able to burn both good and bad quallity disks.

Originally posted by xjman

Oh it can burn cheap discs…but it can’t make poor quality discs better. Bad discs are bad discs. If your data/video is of any value to you, let your disc buying habits show it.

Rick.

So far I have burned 20 CompUsa DVD-R 1X discs at 2X speed and all have worked OK. At $7.99 for 10 in slim cases they were a good buy. The first 10 were made by Optorite and the last 10 were Princo. I have a friend who’s DVD player had trouble with one of the Optorite discs on his DVD player but it works OK on both of mine. I use DVD Shrink and Nero 5.5.10.54 and Firmware 1.03. I have also burned about 15 CompUsa DVD+R 2.4X discs with no problems at all. I burn at 8X with the TDK 4X DVD+R’s that I just started using.

Cheap media is most surely the cause of your problems as already pointed out in this thread. Interesting read: http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/8277

@xjman

If you built your house on quicksand you can’t blame your contractor!
:slight_smile: