DVD+R Biggest sizes

vbimport

Just Started.
Can any one help, I am looking to record my external cameras onto disc. What is the largest size DVD+R available?
I need to record for upto 8 hours

Regards
Ste

Welcome to the forum. All DVD+R are the same size. There are DVD+R DL that are about twice as big. +R are about 4.7 GB and DL are 8.5 GB. That doesn’t directly translate to amount of time you can record on them however. That’s determined by the Bitrate you record at. What do you plan to record with (computer? stand alone recorder?) and how do you intend to play it back? (again, computer or stand alone?) That determines how you need to record.

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2471527]Welcome to the forum. All DVD+R are the same size. There are DVD+R DL that are about twice as big. +R are about 4.7 GB and DL are 8.5 GB. That doesn’t directly translate to amount of time you can record on them however. That’s determined by the Bitrate you record at. What do you plan to record with (computer? stand alone recorder?) and how do you intend to play it back? (again, computer or stand alone?) That determines how you need to record.[/QUOTE]
I am recording on a DVD Recorder, and playing back on it.:rolleyes:

If you’re goal is to record 8hrs of video(mpeg2) on a DVD disc, then I would recommend you use a DL disc(8.5 GB)@~2090kbps/224kbps for audio…If you use a single layer 4.7gb, the bitrate will drop to ~1000 kbps for video/ with 224kbps audio…
As stated above, it’s the Bitrate man!..
http://www.videohelp.com/tools/VideoCalc