Dvd-r and dvd+r Whats the difference?

I was wondering if anyone knows the difference between dvd-r and dvd+r? I have made back ups of my movies. I have purcased Tayio Yuden dvd+r 8x and used them with absolutly no problems. Burning has been perfect and viewing on several differnt dvd players with no problems. Now it is time to order more so I was going to order more of the same (dvd+r 8x) but it the dvd-r 8x are cheaper. Could anyone explain the difference in the two so that I can understand. Thank you

If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. As long as the drive supports it, Dvd+R can be booktyped to Dvd-Rom, which is the profile of a commercial Dvd, thereby fooling a lot of Dvd players into thinking they are playing one.

[QUOTE=aretard;1964167]I was wondering if anyone knows the difference between dvd-r and dvd+r?[/QUOTE]

Please read the regarding sticky thread, it answers all.
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f33/difference-between-dvd-r-dvd-r-103718/

All in all, there’s not much difference but the 8x +R disc by TY is considered better than the -R so I would stick to using it.

But sometimes -R can be better than +R. I would prefer Verbatim 8x -R over almost any +R media available.

It’s more about overall quality rather than whether it’s -R or +R format.