Here's the position;
Since upgrading to Mac OSX and Toast Ti 6, I've had a LOT of bad DVD-R burns and a few CD-R. DVD-R have failed verification (Toast) maybe 35 out of 39 times. CD-Rs are better than that. That's a lot of garbage media.
Mac G4, single processor - current mirror drive doors model - no other problems particularly.
Here's what I've done so far:
- Wiped the Mac hard drive and gone from Jaguar to Panther
- Toast update to 6.0.3
- 4 different types of DVD-R media (3 from Verbatim [2-R, 1+R), 1 from Fuji (?))
from several different batches
- 4 different types of CD-R media (Mitsui, Taiyo Yuden, etc)
- 3 different burners - Plextor 708UF, Pioneer DVR-S606, internal Toshiba
- 2 different Macs, a current mirror-door G4, a blue and white G3
- Plextor firmware update
- run the Applecare software with no problems
- burned a lot of CDs with Toast Lite 5 on OS9 with maybe 1/100 problems
I don't do anything else while a DVD or CD is being burned. When the burn is done, they much more often than not fail verification.
Is there anything I haven't tried, or is this obviously a Toast software problem? Anyone else having similar problems?
(Didn't see any mentions of Toast on this site - am I missing something?)
Any help appreciated