DVD+R 8 x Hyundai

vbimport

Are these dvds good : DVD+R 8 x Hyundai ?

They are fake YUDEN000T02 and terrible quality.

No they’re fake TY made by Infosmart.

Edit: Too slow.

if you want even more proof check out post #102 here

Yup, steer clear of any of the brands that are confirmed as using fake media ID codes. :wink:

Hi, I’m a newbie to dvd burning, I have been using the thats oem dvd-r 4X and they seemed really good with my LG 4120B, no probs reading or burning whatsoever. I have stuck to the LG recomended media for the burner - LG, Maxell, and Jvc. However all the local suppliers have runout of the discs so I had to try something new.
I have the Hyundai 8X -r and I ran the Dvd identifier program and it says made by TY.

Now I see everyone saying these are fakes but how do you know whether or not Ty are actually making discs for Hyundai, I have burnt one so far @ 8X and it plays perfectly in my pioneer dvd player and PS2.

I will send an email to TY and Hyndai and see if i get any reply.

Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD-R:TYG02]

Disc & Book Type : [DVD-R] - [DVD-R]
Manufacturer Name : [Taiyo Yuden Co. Ltd.]
Manufacturer ID : [TYG02]
Blank Disc Capacity : [2,298,496 Sectors = 4,489.3MB = 4.38GB (4.71GB)]

[ DVD Identifier - http://DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com ]

they are made by infosmart read here

You can check if it’s real TY throught the code numbers on the disc.
There is a good change that the new version of DVD identifier will include extra info a long with TY media so people can check if they got the real stuff or some Hongkong product.

Talking to TY will probally give you 0 feedback. Or some vague message that you should contact your local supplier. But maybe if you contacted them in japanese you would get some better feedback.