Dvd-r 16 x.... What speed to burn at?

vbimport

Hi all.

I have a amd athlon 1.90 ghz dual core processor, 1918 mb ram with windows vista.

I have a LITEON 20x dvd writer, model - ihas120-08 6

I just bought some 16 x dvd- r to backup some of my dvd’s.

This is my curent method of burning a dvd.

Rip with dvd fab decrypter, shrink with dvd shrink and burn with nero.
The shrink and burn is all done with dvd shrink (You click the option to burn with nero) so a nero program window doesnt actually popup. So I am unsure how to change burn speeds, do i change with with shrink or nero? I can change to imgburn if necessary.

I only burn main movie only, to keep quality in tact.

What burn speed should I be burning at? I really have no clue how the speed works, so any opinion on what speed to use and which program out of nero or imgburn to use, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi pearce,
what media brand did you buy?

TDK the shop assistant said they are one of the better brands.
Thankyou.

[QUOTE=pearce;2467802]TDK the shop assistant said they are one of the better brands.
Thankyou.[/QUOTE]

Hi pearce,
well since you got tdk i would suggest to try 8x or 12x and watch the movie to see that everything is in order, but if you have more time to spent you can do some disc quality scans with the liteon.

[QUOTE=vroom;2467809]Hi pearce,
well since you got tdk i would suggest to try 8x or 12x and watch the movie to see that everything is in order, but if you have more time to spent you can do some disc quality scans with the liteon.[/QUOTE]

Completely agree :slight_smile:

Although I’d disagree with the shop assistant’s opinion. :wink:

[QUOTE=Arachne;2467817]Completely agree :slight_smile:

Although I’d disagree with the shop assistant’s opinion. ;)[/QUOTE]

Hey most of us will disagree with that, but you might be lucky and get some [B]made in UAE[/B] media, and so far they look good.

Hi thankyou very much for the help.

How do I do a disc quality scan?
I will do a search on the forum now.