DVD Problem

vbimport

Hi there,
I have a Panasonic S25 DVD player and suddenly it is ‘pixillating’ the DVD’s and freezing them too.
I have used new DVD’s and also a DVD cleaner CD - no change.
Does this mean the DVD is dead??

Many thanks

j

What brand of media are you using ?
Try using the Verbatim brand.
Also what speed are you burning at?
Try slowing it down. The going thought is to go 1/2 the speed the disc are rated at.

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

I’d definitely follow Bean’s advice - a lot of the time, pixelating is due to quality of the discs used and/or burn speed. :iagree:

Very occasionally, the software used to create the disc can have an effect if the problem is with a movie backup. Can you let us know what software was used? As a last resort (i.e. if all else fails), a change of software might help.

[QUOTE=jthorpe1;2534579]Hi there,
I have a Panasonic S25 DVD player and suddenly it is ‘pixillating’ the DVD’s and freezing them too.
I have used new DVD’s and also a DVD cleaner CD - no change.
Does this mean the DVD is dead??

Many thanks

j[/QUOTE]

Is this with original DVDs or copies?

If they’re copies then it’s almost certainly a media problem as the guys here have already said, so follow their advice.

If they’re originals then it looks like your machine is probably on the way out.

If that’s the case then as a last resort you could try updating the firmware on the machine (if that’s possible with your particular model).

[B]Wombler[/B]

You could also try to insert a disc, of which you are absolutely sure it will fail in your Panasonic S25, into another dvd player. If it works flawlessly in there perhaps the Panasonic is slowly dying.