Dvd Problem

I just purchased an item for my 3 yr old daughter that came with a dvd. THe problem is that my dvd player wont play it. WE took it back and got a new one and it does the same thing. I tried playing it on my computer and still nothing. On my regular dvd player, you can kind of see it but it just scrolls the screen and you can also hear it. I extracted the files from the dvd to my computer, and if I click the VOB file it plays jsut fine. I tried to burn those files back to a new dvd, and it does the same thing. What the h e double hockey sticks is going on here?

:sad::a

[QUOTE=organcory;1960887]I just purchased an item for my 3 yr old daughter that came with a dvd. THe problem is that my dvd player wont play it. WE took it back and got a new one and it does the same thing. I tried playing it on my computer and still nothing. On my regular dvd player, you can kind of see it but it just scrolls the screen and you can also hear it. I extracted the files from the dvd to my computer, and if I click the VOB file it plays jsut fine. I tried to burn those files back to a new dvd, and it does the same thing. What the h e double hockey sticks is going on here?

:sad::a[/QUOTE]

Your problem is too general.??? What kinda DVD is it that you bought?? We’ll need that info in order to figure out what might be causing the problem…but have you tried that DVD on another standalone player or computer to see if it will run??

[QUOTE=organcory;1960887]I just purchased an item for my 3 yr old daughter that came with a dvd. THe problem is that my dvd player wont play it. WE took it back and got a new one and it does the same thing. I tried playing it on my computer and still nothing. On my regular dvd player, you can kind of see it but it just scrolls the screen and you can also hear it. I extracted the files from the dvd to my computer, and if I click the VOB file it plays jsut fine. I tried to burn those files back to a new dvd, and it does the same thing. What the h e double hockey sticks is going on here?

:sad::a[/QUOTE]

Okay what is it you bought, make and model. As for TV devices like the LeapFrog or LeapStar? It might be a software dvd for computer use only is my guess? Welcome to the forum.

Its A Dora the Explorer Dance along musical adventure that came with a mat and other stuff. I tried the DVD on my other daughters tv that has a dvd built into it, and then on my computer. It doesnt say anything about regions or anything on it

Interesting. Does the disk have to be used in order to use the device? Like an interactive thing?

THere is no device with it. It is just a mat that you lay on the floor and dance around on it while you are watching the dvd.

http://www.asontv.com/kids-and-toys/dora-the-explorer-dance-along-musical-adventure.html

[QUOTE=organcory;1960916]THere is no device with it. It is just a mat that you lay on the floor and dance around on it while you are watching the dvd.

http://www.asontv.com/kids-and-toys/dora-the-explorer-dance-along-musical-adventure.html[/QUOTE]

I gotta get my daughter one of these! Kinda neat…:bigsmile: Maybe trying to copy this disk and playing the copy on the dvd player? Worth a try…

I didnt try to copy the dvd, but I backed it up to the hard drive using DVD Shrink and then created a new dvd.

[QUOTE=organcory;1960983]I didnt try to copy the dvd, but I backed it up to the hard drive using DVD Shrink and then created a new dvd.[/QUOTE]

oh good! hope you get it going again soon!