DVD printing on canon mp600

hey all, I just started printing on my canon mp600, and I had a few questions.

First I noticed that it seems to go thru ink really quick. but that could be the nazi chip trying to trick me ( my large black ink has said “out of ink” for the last 10 dvds I printed most of which have been heavy in dark colors ) what is my safest bet for cheap ink on this printer, I am not opposed to refilling but I never looked in to this before. what brands of ink can I trust to be good. also can I possibly use the ciss setup from that AUS retailer ( cant think of the name right now ) I have heard that canon does not like ciss systems?

secondly, my habit has been to print then burn. is that an ok way to do it ?

thirdly, I use photoshop to make the labels and also to print them. I can not seem to get it aligned just right, it is really close but just not quite there, can anyone give me tips on this. I used the template from http://www.videohelp.com/forum/archive/templates-for-popular-printable-dvd-media-t253367.html the one i used is for the TY hub printable that has all the weird marks around it, the 119x23 one

I originally just printed with it going off the edges inner and outer but I didn’t like having to clean the dvd and tray after every printing. is photoshop a good tool for what I am doing, should I just adjust it till it fits or is there a better program that I can use to get “the perfect fit” so there are no white borders at all and no over spray also, or at least lessa .1mm -.2mm white border.

anyways thanks for any info you all can provide.

Stick with Canon CD-LabelPrint if you want consistency and accuracy. You just have to live with the 0.5mm white border. Although, TY hub printable are 118 not 119mm. Printing to 119 will put ink on the non-printable area.

The large pigment black tank is not used on discs as long as you are selecting the “printable disc” paper type.

You can use the Canon tanks til they report they are empty, and then a bit more.

[QUOTE=CDan;2408128]Stick with Canon CD-LabelPrint if you want consistency and accuracy. You just have to live with the 0.5mm white border. Although, TY hub printable are 118 not 119mm. Printing to 119 will put ink on the non-printable area.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, CD Label print is great, also when printing select draft quality, uses significantly less ink and is much faster…looks almost the same though.

I refill my Ink cartridges, have done since the printer was new. [B]Still using the same original cartridges the printer came with, 4 years later!!! [/B]Costs around £2 for a complete refill of all cartridges. Important to use the right ink though to avoid a magenta cast on HQ photo printing.

I get my ink from:

http://www.kenborne.co.uk/acatalog/jet_tec_canon_inkjet_ink_refills.html

or jettec themselves

http://www.jettec.com/canonrk.asp

The inks are correct ink type for canon printers, some people sell you the same ink as for any other printer.

P.S. Ensure you get yourself the reset procedure for the Ink Absorber full message when it comes. I have not had it yet and when I last looked at the stored printer data in the engineering menu, should have another 3 or 4 years to go. This is because I Never manually run a cleaning cycle, always leave the printer on all the time (switching on/off encourages a cleaning cycle)…if your going to print, try and print a whole batch at a time (especially disks).