Dvd plays in computer but not in ps2 or dvd players?

vbimport

everyone, i have a HL-TD-ST DVDRAM GMA4082N ATA DEVICE. i burned some videos to my dvd using nero 8 and it works fine in my pc but doesnt work in my dvd player or ps2. my firmware version is 6.0.6000.16386.
and the blank dvd im using is ritek dvd-r 8X. how do i make the dvd work in my dvd player?

Try DVDFab :wink:

[QUOTE=fandangogrim;2150931]everyone, i have a HL-TD-ST DVDRAM GMA4082N ATA DEVICE. i burned some videos to my dvd using nero 8 and it works fine in my pc but doesnt work in my dvd player or ps2. my firmware version is 6.0.6000.16386.
and the blank dvd im using is ritek dvd-r 8X. how do i make the dvd work in my dvd player?[/QUOTE]

Sounds like your media isn’t finalized or close properly by nero 8. Try to chane your media to dvd+r and booktype it to dvd-rom to see if it will play better. Being unable to play on standalone and ps2 seesm to reason it’s not booktype properly or the media is burned to fast or is just bad media. What is your software version of nero 8? But try dvd+r media and then booktype it to dvd-rom and try again.

I would first try a different brand/type of media. For best results, stick with a quality media such as Verbatim or Taio Yuden

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2151146]Sounds like your media isn’t finalized or close properly by nero 8. Try to chane your media to dvd+r and booktype it to dvd-rom to see if it will play better. Being unable to play on standalone and ps2 seesm to reason it’s not booktype properly or the media is burned to fast or is just bad media. What is your software version of nero 8? But try dvd+r media and then booktype it to dvd-rom and try again.[/QUOTE]

yo, i have nero 8 ultra edition 8.2.8.0. how do i set booktype in nero 8? please mention the steps. im very new to this. and the dvd label says something like 8X speed so does this mean i have to burn it at 8X speed?
i have tried burning at 4X speed and maximum speed and both failed.

[quote=fandangogrim;2151427]yo, i have nero 8 ultra edition 8.2.8.0. how do i set booktype in nero 8? please mention the steps. im very new to this. and the dvd label says something like 8X speed so does this mean i have to burn it at 8X speed?
i have tried burning at 4X speed and maximum speed and both failed.[/quote]
Hi fandangogrim, in your first post you said you are using ritek dvd-r 8x. Well you not need to booktype -r media only +r media. I would suggest getting yourself some better media like verbatim which is available at most retail stores that sell blank media or some Taiyo Yuden which is only available online. Also you never said what type of files you burned to the dvd AVI,XVID,DIVX,WMV because not all dvd players can play these type of files especially a PS2. OK, so if you pick up some new media that is +R then here is a link for you about booktype and how to use nero to do it http://club.cdfreaks.com/f34/bitsetting-booktype-changing-only-dvd-r-dvd-rw-dvd-rw-dvd-rw-dl-226572/ read post #10 on how to do it. Also it is always wise to burn at half the rated speed of the discs you have or 1 speed lower than the rated if it good media and ritek is not.

everyone, it worked. i just used the same ritek dvd-r and burned it at 8X speed. so does this mean the burning speed was what was causing the problem? thanks for the info GJ, so i dont need to booktype yeah? besides, upgrading dvd driver’s firmware sounded risky to me. and i will definetly try a different brand. i know ritek is not good because its chinese i think. but i bought these in a bundle and they were cheap. and flv files by the way. i converted them using nero though.

[QUOTE=fandangogrim;2151687]everyone, it worked. i just used the same ritek dvd-r and burned it at 8X speed. so does this mean the burning speed was what was causing the problem? thanks for the info GJ, so i dont need to booktype yeah? besides, upgrading dvd driver’s firmware sounded risky to me. and i will definetly try a different brand. i know ritek is not good because its chinese i think. but i bought these in a bundle and they were cheap. and flv files by the way. i converted them using nero though.[/QUOTE]

There nothing risky about flashing your firmware. It’s when you do flash don’t be multitasking have other media in the burner and also if you going to crossflash make sure you know what your doing as crossflashing voids your warranty. Instructions for flashing comes as a package from manufacture with the firmware and flash program in one. As I also mention burn speed plays a big factor on good your burns come out in my previous posting. Dvd-r can’t be booktyped only dvd+r can be booktyped to dvd-rom.