DVD playing problems--plz help

I have an internal DvD drive that has been acting up as of late…mostly when playing DVD’s were it skips and freezes( they are commerical DVD and not burned one’s). It’s getting to be pretty annoying…anyway just thinking it’s time to chuck it…right? or is there something that can be done as far as software?
If there isn’t anything and it’s just dying what do you guys think of this dvd player http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16827106016
thanx for the time.

bump

Welcome to CdFreaks Jared,

It would help immensly if we had all the details and specifications of that malfunctioning drive. It would help enormously if you told us what kind of media you fed that thing as well or do really all discs you feed it act funny? And how about your computer system, operating system, playback software and all tht stuff. Where is my magical crystal ball? :slight_smile:

well let’s see hear. yes all dvd’s make it do it. I’ve used Powerdvd player, windows media and interactual with same results. It’s an XP. What happens more specifically is it stops sounds like it’s searching and continues to play within 1-5secs. It seems to be getting worse AHHH. I’ve turned off all other programs when playing DVD’s but it still happens.
the drive is an internal that i got with my (emachines) laptop 2 yrs ago.
hope this helps.

Has it been doing this since you’ve had the machine or just recently? If it is a new problem it could be the dvd drive is going out. Or you could be funning more items in the background and don’t have enough memory to watch a dvd. Upgrade the ram and it could help with the stalling.

Good reply Leuanne but about 3years late

[QUOTE=Leuanne;2309748]Has it been doing this since you’ve had the machine or just recently? If it is a new problem it could be the dvd drive is going out. Or you could be funning more items in the background and don’t have enough memory to watch a dvd. Upgrade the ram and it could help with the stalling.[/QUOTE]

As I always say at least check the last posted dated before responding to any thread so as to not bring up old threads that the OP isn’t responding to anymore.