DVD players keep falling in price, but low cost carries price

I just posted the article DVD players keep falling in price, but low cost carries price.

With the huge drop in DVD player pricing over the last few years, one may ask how come DVD players are able to sell so cheaply while the companies still have to make a profit. Well,…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/7457-DVD-players-keep-falling-in-price-but-low-cost-carries-price.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/7457-DVD-players-keep-falling-in-price-but-low-cost-carries-price.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

I think we all know the power of greed…have we sold one to many souls and the dark side is winning…???..:X

Woman trampled at a Wal-Mart! She needs to get a life, thats what I have to say. She also needs to visit CDFREAKS.Com shameless plug to find out what a good DVD player to get trampled over is. :stuck_out_tongue:

If we don’t buy these cheap electronics, then those poor chinese workers will not have any job at all. It is not the direct responsibility of us foreign consumers to change labor practices in China, it is up to the Chinese laborers to do that themselves, just as works in the U.S. and parts of Europe did over a century ago. And the royalty issue is also not the direct responsibility of the consumers. The job of enforcing that belongs to the corporations and the courts.

“Whole-sellers also take part in low prices by frequently bringing down DVD player prices below profitable margins in an attempt to attract consumers into purchasing more profitable products also such as DVDs. This is actually the total opposite approach of Apple’s iTunes online music store.” Umm, isn’t that the very same approach as iTunes…give away the player/software for free, then charge high prices for media? And of course the Dark Side is winning. :frowning: Where have you been?? Keep the people fat and entertained, and you can pull all sorts of crap behind their backs!

The reason dor that cheap DVD player are so strong is because… they’re manufactured by the same big companies. The only difference is the cost, that means you pay for the mark, not for the player. ¿Where do you think the “giants” made its products? javascript:smilie(’:S’) :S The greed is the mother of all sins…