Dvd player

I NEED A NEW DVD PLAYES, FOR MY TOSHIBA SATELLITE PRO. I DONT KNOW WHAT ONE I NEED. ANY HELP? CAN I BUY ANY KIND? JASON

It would help to know the exact model drive you have now. Go to My Computer, right click on the dvd drive icon, then hit Properties. Click on the Hardware tab and you should see a list of drives in the computer. Tell us the model number for the dvd drive.

Also, please don’t type in all caps. It is a form of shouting on internet forums and is considered rude.

Does your current lappy burner have an SATA or PATA (IDE) connection? Might help if you tell us the model number of the drive currently fitted. :slight_smile: (EDIT: LOL, great minds eh Kerry :bigsmile: )

Another thought, is to buy an external drive and plug that into your lappy.

Jason, you can reply here in the thread, no need to send me a pm with information.

You say your drive is a Matshita UJDA740 dvd/cdrw. Replacing notebook drives can be tricky, because not all of them are interchangeable. Your best bet would be to contact Toshiba support.

Matshita drives are NOT well regarded by the way, and if they offer to replace it with another Matshita for an exorbitant fee, you will be much better off using an external drive.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2473601]It would help to know the exact model drive you have now. Go to My Computer, right click on the dvd drive icon, then hit Properties. Click on the Hardware tab and you should see a list of drives in the computer. Tell us the model number for the dvd drive.

Also, please don’t type in all caps. It is a form of shouting on internet forums and is considered rude.[/QUOTE]
thanks for your help.