DVD Player Won't Play Region Free DVDs

Hi, I’m new to this forum and I’m in need of some help.

I have a .avi file, I’ve converted it to DVD Format and burned, but it won’t play on my friend’s DVD player because it’s Region Free. I’m not looking to unlock my DVD player, I just want to add the NTSC Code into the file (Not sure if that’s the right terminology), so it will play on my friend’s player. Is there a step by step tutorial anywhere?

Any help is greatly appreciated,
Thanks.

their are different regions for different countries, region 1,2,3 etc. a region free means that there are no region coding on it and that it can play in any dvd player. But if it is a PAL or NTSC video format then you need a dvd player that can play those formats. most dvd players now can play both formats PAL and NTSC.

[QUOTE=GJ;2011731]their are different regions for different countries, region 1,2,3 etc. a region free means that there are no region coding on it and that it can play in any dvd player. But if it is a PAL or NTSC video format then you need a dvd player that can play those formats. most dvd players now can play both formats PAL and NTSC.[/QUOTE]

Some DVD Players will not play a DVD if it does not have a region code on the disc :eek:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2011789]Some DVD Players will not play a DVD if it does not have a region code on the disc :eek:[/QUOTE]

I did not know that as all my dvd players play all my region free dvds. But Hxc did say he just wants to add the NTSC code into the file so it will play on his friends dvd player. Which I thought he meant his dvd is in PAL format and wants to convert to NTSC. I do not do that as all my players are both PAL and NTSC.

I got it working, I used imTOO DVD Creator to make it NTSC. It wasn’t PAL, it was Region Free and yes there are DVD players that will not play those.

[QUOTE=HxC;2012333]I got it working, I used imTOO DVD Creator to make it NTSC. It wasn’t PAL, it was Region Free and yes there are DVD players that will not play those.[/QUOTE]

Did you try DVDFlick :confused: