DVD Player Will Not Play All of Movie

My Targa 5100-DX will not play the whole of a downloaded movie but finishes part way through. However, my pc will play it right to the end.

Is there any way in which I can remedy this by copying the movie from the disc using some sort of software?

you could try taking the working disc and make a copy with DVD Shrink to a DVD-R or DVD+R booktyped DVD-ROM

@ Robbie34,

Requesting Forum Members to assist you with Illegally obtain material is against Forum Rules.

Suggest viewing the Forum Rules (http://club.cdfreaks.com/announcement.php?f=34&announcementid=37).

Best Regards,
bjkg

As far as I’m aware it was not obtained illegally, so how can you be so sure?

The DVD was given to me by a friend but will not play the whole of the track on my DVD player.

Then why does it say DOWNLOADED MOVIE???

Just because it was downloaded does not mean it was an illegal copy. I download lots of things - not movies - and I pay for them. Zone Alarm Pro is one example.

The friend who gave me the DVD is not a thief, so don’t jump to hasty conclusions. Similarly, I don’t have any pirated software on my pc.

So i’m sure it was recorded on tv maybe a discovery channel movie, and then someone was so friendly to upload it for download! :rolleyes:
You can maybe solve this problem if you’re usin quality media and like a guy already mentioned booktype to -rom, burn slower if you’re maybe chose a higher speed
or try it with another media brand, but like i said quality!

It happens to be some rare footage of Howard Carter excavating Tutankhamun’s tomb in the 1920’s and I don’t want to lose it.

It will be difficult getting another copy as my colleague has mislaid the details of the archaeologist who forwarded it to him.

try re-encoding it with a tool like cinema craft encoder.

Hwtas the difference between DVD+R and DVD-R?