DVD player will not autoplay or recognise disks

I wonder if anyone can help me with this.
I am using DVDFAB decrypter 2.9.2.3 (latest version) to rip my movie and then DVD Shrink 3.2 to compress and burn the movie onto DVD - R disks.
When I try to play them on any of my stand alone DVD players most of the disks will either not play at all or the screen will go blank and I have to press the root menu button to get the disk to work.
I am using Philips DVD - R (I think they are FUJI). I am burning them at 4 x speed.
My burner is an external Samsung TS-E552U with the latest firmware (US06) update.
I disable all anti virus, firewall programs and have recently defragged my hard drive as per advice from other threads on this site.

Pentium 4 3.0 ghz
512MB RAM
160gb Hard Disk
Radeon x300SE

Could be either:
a) Your standalone DVD player doesn’t like burnt movies, go look it up at www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers and see if other people have had success.
b) From reviews I’ve seen, Samsung burners are bad at pretty much everything. It might not like the FUJIFILM03 disc. Does it play in your PC, or can you do a simple read test of the disc in Nero CD-DVD Speed and see if you get a nice graph?

fuji dont manufacture medias they are just a brand name
anyway you can see exactly who made em with this prog
http://dvdidentifier.cdfreaks.com

the first one is good but firewall disabling is very bad never disable it
it cant possibly affect the burning & your pc is much less secure with it disabled

your dvd supports -r medias? check manual
set booktype to dvd-rom and burn it like that it might help
also check as suggested above , if it wont play on pc it wont play nowhere else either

OK. Disk Identifer reports

Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD-R:FUJIFILM03]

Disc & Book Type : [DVD-R] - [DVD-R]
Manufacturer Name : [Fuji Film]
Manufacturer ID : [FUJIFILM03]
Blank Disc Capacity : [2,298,496 Sectors = 4.71 GB (4.38 GiB)]

[ DVD Identifier - http://DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com ]

So it appears as though Fuji are the manufacturer.

As far as I am aware, my players are DVD -R compatible. When I do get the disks playing, they play well, without much garbage or pauses. I bought the DVD -R as -R is meant to be most compatible.

I will only burn disks when I am offline and therefore, disabling firewall should be OK. Having said that though I will not be disabling anti virus anymore as this IS risky due to trojans etc.

I had checked the box in DVD SHRINK to bookmark DVD -R

All my disks play on my PC with no problems.

I have run CD SPEED and at about 80% I get this error

ERROR - ILLEGAL MODE FOR THIS TRACK [056400]

No idea what this means :confused:

Upto then I had a faultless curve.

first time i hear about fuji actually making the media,as for the error see this thread
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=99822
disabling anti-virus resident protection while burning is a good thing
cuz if its enabled when burning it will scan every file before burned which may cause the burn to fail and there is really no need to be worried from trojans/worms as there is 0% chance that youll get em while your offline just enable it after the burning completes and i still claim disabling firewall is pointless it doesnt affect the burning in any way not to mention that if youll keep it on you wont need to bother to put it back on when youll connect to the net,anyway try another media brand maybe your dv dplayer just dont like this one

Thanks for the the advice Phil. I think Ive probably got crappy media. :sad: