DVD Player says 'NO DISC' after recording

vbimport

Dear Folks,

I am converting a few of my tapes to CDs. I use Acoustica as my recording software that gives me the large (almost 10MB per minute of song) .wav files for the songs on the tape and I burn them on the ‘Music’ CDs using the Windows Media player, which does the conversion and all that. After burning all the songs,it looks very similar to a pro CD, when I view the contents on my Computer.

When I try to play it on my DVD/CD player (Stereo System) it doesnt recognize the disc. it says NO DISC. What am I doing wrong, my friends? Can you please illumine me on this

My gratitude in advance.
Arun
:rolleyes:

Firstly, when using Acoustica, try making the output sound format as MP3 instead of WAV files, it will save you a lot of space.

Secondly, when burning your MP3s, try using another program to burn your compilation. I use programs such as Nero, NTI CD Maker ect. there is a whole heap of better ones out there, try and stay away from window based burning.

Thirdly, try burning at a lower speed, always helps! :iagree:
Cheers.

Does your burned cd play on your PC using Media Player?
If no, you most likely have a speed problem. Try burning it at a lower speed (I use not more than 8x for audio CDs)