DVD playback starts at different chapters

vbimport

I have been using ANY DVD and shrink for a while now on

3 different computers, with no problems, until about a month ago.

My DVD backups start at different chapters and I can’t go to the beginning.

Obviously, when trying them in any of my 5

computers, windows media sees them perfectly…

All 3 computers give me the same results. What happened?

[quote=alseven7;2083854]I have been using ANY DVD and shrink for a while now on

3 different computers, with no problems, until about a month ago.

My DVD backups start at different chapters and I can’t go to the beginning.

Obviously, when trying them in any of my 5

computers, windows media sees them perfectly…

All 3 computers give me the same results. What happened?[/quote]
Could you post more info? The titles of the movies, the blank media you are using and the program you are using to burn with will be a big help. Also what region are these movies?

Tks but the all the titles have been doing it more & more. I have been Memorex for years and never had any problems. The region is 1…
I can watch them in any computer with media player but stand alone players, [I have 4 different ones] all skip the chapters and start somewhere in the middle and I can’t start from the beginning. ?

[quote=alseven7;2083860]Tks but the all the titles have been doing it more & more. I have been Memorex for years and never had any problems. The region is 1…
I can watch them in any computer with media player but stand alone players, [I have 4 different ones] all skip the chapters and start somewhere in the middle and I can’t start from the beginning. ?[/quote]
you are using bad blank media. Use only taiyo yudens or verbatim’s but for now try burning at half the rated speed of the blank discs you have. I just tried to back up my copy of The Last Hour using anydvd and clonedvd2 and I did full disc but it was just main movie. Now I know why I prefer a different program than anydvd. [B]Also use anydvd ripper to rip to harddisk and then open the file using dvdshrink this should work[/B]EDIT: But it might not work only way is to try it

forgot to mention if you not have the latest anydvd then you need to upgrade the latest released version is 6.4.5.0 or the beta v6.4.5.2

Tks again.
I have 6.4.5.1 already & right clicked to rip to hard disk also, same results. Should I try to go with DVDFAB platinum or is there something else out there that does the job?/ Need to back to the way it used to be without having lots of copies that only work in computers…

[quote=alseven7;2083885]Tks again.
I have 6.4.5.1 already & right clicked to rip to hard disk also, same results. Should I try to go with DVDFAB platinum or is there something else out there that does the job?/ Need to back to the way it used to be without having lots of copies that only work in computers…[/quote]
I use dvdfab and have no problems with it but I not understand why anydvd and dvdshrink not work for you because they usually work together. By the way what are the movies you having the problems with.

Almost all of them starting from about 2 months ago, Now all of them.
Here is an example of the latest.
Works great in any computer but goes nuts in any player

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.4.5.2)
HP DVD WRITER 840B HI86 05/09/21
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-r (version 5), Layers: 1
Total size: 2286224 sectors (4465 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: THE_TATTOOIST
Media is not CSS protected.
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is region free.

[quote=alseven7;2083893]Almost all of them starting from about 2 months ago, Now all of them.
Here is an example of the latest.
Works great in any computer but goes nuts in any player

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.4.5.2)
HP DVD WRITER 840B HI86 05/09/21
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-r (version 5), Layers: 1
Total size: 2286224 sectors (4465 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: THE_TATTOOIST
Media is not CSS protected.
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is region free.[/quote]
that the movie I have paused right now. backed it up with dvdfab and so far no problems. I can try it and see if it will work for me using anydvd and dvdshrink

Are you trying to make backups of the complete movie or just the main title?

Rip to the hard drive using AnyDVD and the built in ripper. Run this movie through FixVts. http://www.videohelp.com/tools/FixVTS

Then try compressing with DVDShrink.

Tks but it’s not he movie because i get the same results with,
10000 BC, Jumper, The Eye, National Treasure 2 … and so on…

You may want to give different discs a shot…

The thing is with Memorex, they can be made by one manufacturer one month (and may work fine), but made by a different manufacturer the next month (and could be pot-luck quality-wise).

From what I see here, you haven’t tried new media, so it may be worth a shot grabbing a small 10 pack of Verbatim or Sony or something.

Well alseven7 I just watched the back up I made using anydvd V6.4.5.0 and dvdshrink and had no problem with it. I use Taiyo yuden blank dvd’s so buy yourself a small pack of verbatim’s like Arachne said because I do believe it is the memorex as they are very unreliable as I have used them and had problems also.

Thank you very much.
Will get some verbatim and keep you posted

Is this true?

Customer Rating

(Based on 10 reviews)
Read all reviews | Write a review
Most Recent Reviews

Verbatim DVD-R 4.7GB 16X Discs, 100-Pack Spindle

"Waste Time"

Written by RL from Makawao

8-Apr-2008

These DVD media discs are not reliable! Come on 'APPPLE' bring back the one's that we all know work! I am willing to pay some mor…Read moree for the time that I don't have to waste!

(13 of 28 people found this review useful)

Was this useful?
      o Vote yes
      o Vote no

Simply don't work!!!!!!!!

Written by SW

21-Jan-2008

I am out of Apple DVD-R 8x. They never failed. These fail all the time. Out 10 burns only 2 passed verifying and I wonder about th…Read moreem. What's the problem? Where are the Apple DVD-R. I'm willing to pay more. They always worked. Apple here the call.

(58 of 118 people found this review useful)

Was this useful?
      o Vote yes
      o Vote no

Where to Find Apple DVDs

Written by GS

12-Jan-2008

I've never used another DVD as stable as the Apple-r 8x Discs! Please let us know where they went, by whom were they manufacture…Read mored. Or simply bring them back

(58 of 114 people found this review useful)

Was this useful?
      o Vote yes
      o Vote no

Most Useful Reviews

Please bring back the Apple brand DVD-Rs

Written by NS from Etobicoke

9-Jul-2007

These do not play on all DVD players, waste of my time reburning discs. The Apple brand DVD-Rs always work and always play flawles…Read moresly on my clients DVD players. Please bring them back!

(82 of 144 people found this review useful)

Was this useful?
      o Vote yes
      o Vote no

zero stars!

Written by SS from Valencia

9-Jul-2007

where did apple dvds go? no one at the apple store seems to know. other brands are not stable. bring apple dvds back please, pleas…Read moree. i am forced to give one star in order to post my review.

my existing stash of apple brand dvds is about ready to go underground to the black market.

(83 of 150 people found this review useful)

Was this useful?
      o Vote yes
      o Vote no

Bring back the APPLE DVD-R 8X

Written by PJ from West Windsor

1-Jan-2008

The apple DVD-R 8X was a high quality product which we were happy to purchase at a premium. When you consider the number of these …Read moreVerbatim discs that end up in the garbage can and the cost of your time -- these are way more expensive.
  Don't buy them -- don't encourage the marketing of mediocre products.

(57 of 101 people found this review useful)

It’s not true by my experience. I’ve burned 100’s of Verbatim discs without a problem.

You have to realise that a lot of those people may not have the latest firmware etc on their drives, or may simply be using old drives.

I still would recommend Verbatim 16x +R 100%. :iagree:

Also they may be burning at max speed on said burners. For movies etc I always use 8x.